finalizing Tidepool alpha list

Timothy Falconer-2
Hi all,

The next version of Tidepool, our multiplayer programmable game world for kids, is releasing next week.

We're finalizing our alpha invite list.  If you want to try Tidepool for free, signup before September 1st to reserve your spot and become a "trailblazer".

You'll earn a badge that's visible in game, and you'll get special perks when the game releases.  You can also reserve your username.

http://playtidepool.com/signup

Starting Tuesday, you'll need to contribute to October's Kickstarter to get early access, so signup now.

Take care,
Tim

--
Timothy Falconer
+ 1 610 797 3100 x33

Re: finalizing Tidepool alpha list

Pato Acevedo
Hi:

I have a
big question. I see being advertised simultaneously (crossposting) on different lists related to free software
about  this announce. I need to ask:
Is there a repository from where to download the source code of this application that allow review, copy, reproduction or translation?

Thanks in advance

Pato

Re: finalizing Tidepool alpha list

Timothy Falconer-2
Pato,

Tidepool will be free to play, though at this time the source code is not open.  This has more to do with personal bandwidth than philosophy.

My announcements to these lists is motivated by shared educational philosophy (based upon the works of Papert & Kay) and shared community (I've worked with many in the Etoys, OLPC, and Sugar world.)

Money raised from Tidepool will primarily go to non-profit educational groups, including the upcoming Kickstarter which will be used to pay courseware authors.

Tim

--
Timothy Falconer
Waveplace Foundation

On Aug 28, 2015, at 11:29 PM, Pato Acevedo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi:

I have a
 big question. I see being advertised simultaneously (crossposting) ondifferent lists related to free software
about  this announce. I need to ask:
Is there a repository from where to download the source code of this application that allow review, copy, reproduction or translation?

Thanks in advance

Pato

thanks for everything

Timothy Falconer-2
Hi all,

After some thought, I've decided it's time to unsubscribe from these lists.

Thank you to the many I've met over the last eight years.  My time with Waveplace, Squeakland, and Haiti will forever be tied to the support and encouragement I received from these communities.

If you're at all interested in my attempt to stand on the shoulders of giants and make a wholly new way for children to learn coding, follow me at TIGsource, where it's a bit friendlier these days.

Take care,
Tim

--
Timothy Falconer