firewall question -- htaccess authentication @ proxy-server/firewall

Dave Raymer
Gentlebeings,

Using Squeak3.8-6665full.image I've been tryting to get this to work for three days now without success [htaccess authentication]  -- I've looked at all the posts I can find in various mail archives and I've looked at all the web pages.

Basically, I need to get FTP and HTTP running through the corporate firewall/proxy that requires htaccess authentication.  Is there a patch to make this work?

thanks,
   -  dave

RE: Re: firewall question -- htaccess authentication @proxy-server/firewall

Ron Teitelbaum

Hi Dave,

Can you post a link to what you found?  Maybe the link will help others!

Ron

Re: Re: firewall question -- htaccess authentication @proxy-server/firewall

Dave Raymer
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2005-April/091022.html

For those who aren't comfortable hacking smalltalk  -- doing the fix is quite easy.
  1. Open a browser
  2. Select the Network-Protocols "package"
  3. Select HTTPSocket from Network-Protocols
  4. Select "class"
  5. goto httpGetDocument:args:accept:request:
  6. find the line of code that reads -- HTTPBlabEmail,  "may be empty"
  7. immediately above the line of code mentioned in 6, add -- HTTProxyCredentials, (that comma required) [and a comment is always good practice]
Everything should work from there.

Apologies for not posting this information the first time.

-- dave

<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/beginners" target="_blank">http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/beginners

RE: Re: firewall question -- htaccess authentication@proxy-server/firewall

Ron Teitelbaum

Ø      Apologies for not posting this information the first time.

Not at all thanks for posting it!

Ron