freeCAD/Croquet release 0.2

Phua Khai Fong
This post was updated on .
I have released freeCAD/Croquet 0.2 .

All feedback will be appreciated.

Regards,
Fong

From web browser, download Cobalt
http://croquet-src-01.oit.duke.edu/cobalt.html
Save in a folder e.g.
c:\cobalt
From Windows Explorer, unzip and open the containing folder e.g.
c:\cobalt\cobalt-base-current-build-20080703
From web browser, download the monticello package
http://croquet-src-01.oit.duke.edu:8886/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-kayef.6.mcz
Save in the package-cache folder e.g.
c:\cobalt\cobalt-base-current-build-20080703\package-cache
From web browser, download openAL from (select the installer according to OS)
http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/Downloads/Forms/AllItems.aspx
From Windows Explorer, locate openAL installer, extract it and install

From Windows Explorer, double click on Croquet.bat
Inside Cobalt, click on black background to open World Menu.
Select 'Open' 'Monticello Browser'
In Monticello Browser, in right pane, click on the package-cache directory e.g.
c:\cobalt\cobalt-base-current-build-20080703\package-cache
Click open
In the new window that opens, select
FreeCAD-kayef.6.mcz
Click load
Close the Monticello Browser
Inside Cobalt, click on black background to open World Menu.
Select 'objects'
Click 'Croquet' button
Click and drag KayefFreeCAD (Master) out onto black area

Follow the tutorials on the link below
http://www.oopgames.com/freecad/?cat=10

Re: freeCAD/Croquet release 0.2

chsmith
I have gotten all the way to the rotate point of the tutorial and when I
middle click the second rectangle my box has no rotate option as shown in
the video.  I redownloaded everything and still no rotate option.  Can you
help me out here?

Chuck Smith

> c:\cobalt\cobalt-base-current-build-20080703
> From web browser, download the monticello package
> http://croquet-src-01.oit.duke.edu:8886/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-kayef.5.mcz
> Save in the package-cache folder e.g.
> c:\cobalt\cobalt-base-current-build-20080703\package-cache
>
> From Windows Explorer, double click on Croquet.bat
> Inside Cobalt, click on black background to open World Menu.
> Select 'Open' 'Monticello Browser'
> In Monticello Browser, in right pane, click on the package-cache directory
> e.g.
> c:\cobalt\cobalt-base-current-build-20080703\package-cache
> Click open
> In the new window that opens, select
> FreeCAD-kayef.5.mcz
> Click load
> Close the Monticello Browser
> Inside Cobalt, click on black background to open World Menu.
> Select 'objects'
> Click 'Croquet' button
> Click and drag KayefFreeCAD (Master) out onto black area
>
> Follow the tutorials on the link below
> http://www.oopgames.com/freecad/?cat=10

> 10:07 AM

Re: freeCAD/Croquet release 0.2

Phua Khai Fong
Sorry bout that, I have updated the package.

Please download the latest package and install.

You can get it here.
http://croquet-src-01.oit.duke.edu:8886/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-kayef.6.mcz
or
http://www.oopgames.com/freecad/?page_id=51

Thanks for letting me know.

Regards,
Fong

Chuck Smith-3 wrote
I have gotten all the way to the rotate point of the tutorial and when I
middle click the second rectangle my box has no rotate option as shown in
the video.  I redownloaded everything and still no rotate option.  Can you
help me out here?

Chuck Smith

> c:\cobalt\cobalt-base-current-build-20080703
> From web browser, download the monticello package
> http://croquet-src-01.oit.duke.edu:8886/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-kayef.5.mcz
> Save in the package-cache folder e.g.
> c:\cobalt\cobalt-base-current-build-20080703\package-cache
>
> From Windows Explorer, double click on Croquet.bat
> Inside Cobalt, click on black background to open World Menu.
> Select 'Open' 'Monticello Browser'
> In Monticello Browser, in right pane, click on the package-cache directory
> e.g.
> c:\cobalt\cobalt-base-current-build-20080703\package-cache
> Click open
> In the new window that opens, select
> FreeCAD-kayef.5.mcz
> Click load
> Close the Monticello Browser
> Inside Cobalt, click on black background to open World Menu.
> Select 'objects'
> Click 'Croquet' button
> Click and drag KayefFreeCAD (Master) out onto black area
>
> Follow the tutorials on the link below
> http://www.oopgames.com/freecad/?cat=10

> 10:07 AM

Re: freeCAD/Croquet release 0.2

chsmith
It works great now.  Did I miss a tutorial on how to animate this or is that
to come?

Chuck
> Sorry bout that, I have updated the package.
>
> Please download the latest package and install.
>
> You can get it here.
> http://croquet-src-01.oit.duke.edu:8886/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-kayef.6.mcz
> or
> http://www.oopgames.com/freecad/?page_id=51
>
> Thanks for letting me know.
>
> Regards,
> Fong
>

> Chuck Smith-3 wrote:
>>
>> I have gotten all the way to the rotate point of the tutorial and when I
>> middle click the second rectangle my box has no rotate option as shown in
>> the video.  I redownloaded everything and still no rotate option.  Can
>> you
>> help me out here?
>>
>> Chuck Smith

The simulation code is in progress now and I hope to release it soon.

Just a reminder, to those who do not have openAL installed, follow the steps below to download and install it.

From web browser, download openAL from (select the installer according to OS)
http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/Downloads/Forms/AllItems.aspx
From Windows Explorer, locate openAL installer, extract it and install