freeCAD port to Croquet progress 2

askoh
Administrator
More videos of progress made by two students of Multimedia
University, Malaysia on their final year project.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kayef8

For more infomation on freeCAD visit:
http://ar-cad.com.

All the best,
Aik-Siong Koh

freeCAD port to Croquet progress 2

Americo Damasceno
Hi Aik! (oops!)

The guys are doing a nice work. Maybe soon we will have freeCAD included in
Cobalt.

Thanks for the information and the link.

Re: [croquet-dev] freeCAD port to Croquet progress 2

David Faught
On 4/17/08, Aik-Siong Koh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> More videos of progress made by two students of Multimedia
> University, Malaysia on their final year project.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/user/kayef8
>
> For more infomation on freeCAD visit:
> http://ar-cad.com.

This looks extremely cool, and thanks for sharing!

Have you tried a collaborative, multi-PC session?

Dave

RE: freeCAD port to Croquet progress 2

Paul Sheldon-2
Fascinating! Freecad makes 3D in croquet that even can be animated. When I saw a piston move, I laughed like the baby I made laugh in Americo&#39;s lesson on mp3&#39;s. Well, at least as happily.

I knew of some terms from playing with free maya ple.

Waufrepi is just beginning to fool with animation. I&#39;m not near doing this yet though I noticed skeletal animation in the system browser, something not in croquet release but in cobalt. There was a big John avatar in croquet and you could see him move if you made the mirror big enough.

But, now there is this new animation stuff to build with that excites me.

Leonardo Davinci had his static 3d perspective paintings and studied muscles, we have animated 3d digital art and study the sletons inverse kinemstics moved by the muscles.

Lucasfilm&#39;s early digital art concerned movie, Hudson Hawk, and Leonardo Davinci was in it. Must check whether it predated starwars.

Thank you for the post on freecad; oh, if only I could teach dance from a virtual camera having the point of view of the dancer because I believe the keyframes helping to remember the leads for combinations are there!

I would not myself teach, but teach how to teach.

Thanks again.

Aik-Siong Koh wrote:
> More videos of progress made by two students of Multimedia
> University, Malaysia on their final year project.
> http://www.youtube.com/user/kayef8
> For more infomation on freeCAD visit:
> http://ar-cad.com.
> All the best,
> Aik-Siong Koh

freeCAD port to Croquet progress 2

askoh
Administrator
Thank you for your interest in freeCAD/Croquet. The students are busy putting
the finishing touches to their Final Year Projects and their code will be
available online soon or by May. The videos were many to enhance their
applications for the Google Summer of Code grants. Hopefully, at least one of
them will get to continue the work with that grant. During the GSoC, all the
features of freeCAD should be made to run inside Croquet.

All the best,
Aik-Siong Koh
http://ar-cad.com

RE: freeCAD port to Croquet progress 2

Les Howell
Hi, Paul,
        Blender itself was used for a couple of movies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blender_(software) is the Wikipedia which
discusses some of the movie uses of Blender.  Remember that Blender
started out as a commerical movie rendering in-house tool.  That is
discussed in the Wikipedia entry also.

        Freecad is interesting to me, too, but for realistic animation, with
advanced rendering, Blender is pretty advanced, and I have seen some
amazing models from folks in my own family (several are artistically
inclined).

        Some of these are probably going to be in a game to be released next
year.  Others were created by one of my (no longer) kids for his own
education and interests.

        I haven't shown them Freecad yet, nor Croquet-Cobalt (one of them might
never get out of his computer room if he found how to do this).

Regards,