fullBounds off by one?

K. K. Subramaniam
Hi,

Why is:
  (fullBounds x) = (bounds x)
but
  (fullBounds y) = (bounds y - 1)

for aSystemWindow (e.g. Workspace). This is causing a gap along the top in a
snapshot image (see attachment). The problem does not occur for
RectangleMorph.

Is this a bug? .. Subbu

badbounds.gif (4K) Download Attachment

Re: fullBounds off by one?

Karl-19
subbukk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Why is:
>   (fullBounds x) = (bounds x)
> but
>   (fullBounds y) = (bounds y - 1)
>
> for aSystemWindow (e.g. Workspace). This is causing a gap along the top in a
> snapshot image (see attachment). The problem does not occur for
> RectangleMorph.
>
> Is this a bug? .. Subbu

It's a bug. I tested in a 3.8 image and the bug is not there so I
suspect the look enhancements that came in 3.9 to be the cause.

Karl

Re: fullBounds off by one?

Jerome Peace
Hi Subbu,

I tried several variations in a fresh 3dot9 (7067) and
could not reproduce the problem.

Could you write it up as a mantis report and include
the simplist way to reproduce the problem.

***

>fullBounds off by one?
>

>subbukk subbukk at gmail.com
>Tue May 22 18:47:52 UTC 2007
>
>Hi,
>
>Why is:
>  (fullBounds x) = (bounds x)
>but
>  (fullBounds y) = (bounds y - 1)
>
>for aSystemWindow (e.g. Workspace). This is causing a
gap along the top in a
>snapshot image (see attachment). The problem does not
occur for
>RectangleMorph.
>
>Is this a bug? .. Subbu
***

http://tv.yahoo.com/

Re: fullBounds off by one?

K. K. Subramaniam
On Wednesday 23 May 2007 11:27 am, Jerome Peace wrote:
> Hi Subbu,
>
> I tried several variations in a fresh 3dot9 (7067) and
> could not reproduce the problem.
>
> Could you write it up as a mantis report and include
> the simplist way to reproduce the problem.
Done. http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6500

I see it in 3.10alpha-7105 also.

Regards .. Subbu

Re: fullBounds off by one?

K. K. Subramaniam
On Wednesday 23 May 2007 11:27 am, Jerome Peace wrote:
> Hi Subbu,
>
> I tried several variations in a fresh 3dot9 (7067) and
> could not reproduce the problem.
My bad. Fresh 3.9-7067 does not have this bug, I noticed that I had pulled in
some projects from MC and that seem to have triggered this problem.

3.10alpha does have this bug.

Sorry .. Subbu