function keys in squeak

Martin Kuball
Hi,

it seems that squeak is ignoring function key events (F1 - F12). I tried

Sensor kbdTest

but nothing happens when I press a function key. Am I missing something?

Martin

Re: function keys in squeak

David T. Lewis
On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 06:58:02PM +0200, Martin Kuball wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it seems that squeak is ignoring function key events (F1 - F12). I tried
>
> Sensor kbdTest
>
> but nothing happens when I press a function key. Am I missing something?
>
> Martin

You are not missing anything. As far as I know, function keys have never
been mapped in Squaek.

Dave

jrm

Re: function keys in squeak

jrm
Martin,

In a 5.2-18229 Squeak image I do not see  a Sensor class so your example "Sensor kbdTest" does not make sense to me.

There is a #kbdTest method in #EventSensor which locked up my image when I executed it.

The comment in the method is incorrect ! When I sent  the method to a new instance of #EventSensor the resulting object locked up my image :-( So be careful if you run it.

-jrm

--
John-Reed Maffeo

Re: function keys in squeak

Levente Uzonyi
On Mon, 1 Jun 2020, John-Reed Maffeo wrote:

> Martin,
>
> In a 5.2-18229 Squeak image I do not see  a Sensor class so your example "Sensor kbdTest" does not make sense to me.

Sensor is a global pointing to the current input sensor which happens to
be an EventSensor nowadays.

> There is a #kbdTest method in #EventSensor which locked up my image when I executed it.
>
> The comment in the method is incorrect ! When I sent  the method to a new instance of #EventSensor the resulting object locked up my image :-( So be careful if you run it.

It shouldn't lock up your image. Did you try pressing x?

Levente