getting Croquet to work

Russ-23
Hello. I have downloaded the latest beta version of Croquet and I am having difficulty getting the three-D world environment to load. I get the following walkback from Squeak:
"Error: Unable to find function address" . I have a new Toshiba Satellite running Vista, the display is ATI Mobility radeon X200M. I suspect this has something to do with OpenGL...? Can you help me figure this out?

thanks,
Russ Van Rooy

Re: getting Croquet to work

Paul Sheldon-2
"unable to find function address"

I got this and made workaround which I forgot after I got it running awhile.

So, since I haven't all that much practice installing
to remind me of what my workaround was, I offer you a guess :
a conceptual distinction.

I too "downloaded the latest beta version #" but there's also an update
button
for version fractional numbers.

Check out whether that solves this.

There was also a missing function with openGL that folks were flapping about
in a unix environment and vista has a unix base.

So, we might all be on common ground, maybe (I, for example, have a mac
with a unix based os).

Re: getting Croquet to work

Luis-24
Hiya,

Would you please clarify the comment of Vista having a Unix base? And,
if so, where is the relevant information located?

Cheers,

Luis.

[hidden email] wrote:

> "unable to find function address"
>
> I got this and made workaround which I forgot after I got it running awhile.
>
> So, since I haven't all that much practice installing
> to remind me of what my workaround was, I offer you a guess :
> a conceptual distinction.
>
> I too "downloaded the latest beta version #" but there's also an update
> button
> for version fractional numbers.
>
> Check out whether that solves this.
>
> There was also a missing function with openGL that folks were flapping about
> in a unix environment and vista has a unix base.
>
> So, we might all be on common ground, maybe (I, for example, have a mac
> with a unix based os).

Re: getting Croquet to work

Ric Moore
On Sun, 2007-03-04 at 23:20 -0500, Bill Six wrote:
> I don't know if this helps, but I got the same error on Ubuntu linux.
> After installing libglut-dev and it's dependencies, everything worked
> fine.

I'm running FC6 and I have "freeglut" and it's depends and devel
installed. I'm hoping to get past the "red screen of death" so I can
roll a working Croquet package into an rpm. Coming up with a list of the
dependencies is gonna be a bear! Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net

Re: getting Croquet to work

Howard Stearns
The Jasmine version of "pre-Croquet" *did* run under 10.3 (Panther),
but I vaguely remember that there were changes made to use OpenGL
under 10.4 (Tiger).

It seems quite plausible to me that Hedgehog doesn't work on
Panther's OGL. I don't know anyone running Panther.

--
Howard Stearns
University of Wisconsin - Madison