gimp2 is an app, X11 is an app, out of the trees

1 message Options

gimp2 is an app, X11 is an app, out of the trees

Paul Sheldon-2
Before recognizing my stumbling block to be X11, I had been facing real
daemons of Darwin imports to build dependency frameworks on top of
each other so I could, myself, build gimp2.

I had thought I might be lost in the dark programming strange
uncommented frameworks and drowning in working hypotheses of how
to reprogram outside squeak before I got back into my Americo pdf'ied book.

In fact, I was betting that I looked at the faulted dependency deficiencies
of Darwin import Portfile superuser do actions that the lists
might be traversed left to right and then back tracked right to left
to get a full integration of these distributed frameworks.

I was using google at the Darwin sight and spotlight on local
where Darwin had put portfiles (one for streamripper, so I could
get a whole lot of Brazilian bossa nova on my iPod from iTunes radio,
the Amazon aint that bad, you see).

This was very scary because I don't feel on that sort of level,
but I started to get a courage. This afternoon, sleuthing out
how to get the url from iTunes to throw into the command line
was a trip for a dizzy drowsy emotionally drained mind
who had been worried he would mess up his computer.

With fried brains, I visited old notes on Mike Beam os x building of
streamripper. I did command line but didn't know whether the streamripper
was me or Darwin's work. I couldn't find my old work at first (following
Beam)
so I did the Darwin port stuff.

There was some fuzzy evidence that I had to traverse dependency
deficits both ways that made me cross eyed (yesterday, today I was fried)
for a few moments but I had blown it off.

Originally, I had no idea what a portfile was and then I started getting it
was a
Darwin port instruction with a special command line thingy that normal unix
guys
at open mikes rather than open macs don't know.

Heres what the page I found said :
"Gimp.app provides a self contained application bundle of GIMP 2.2.11 for OS
X.
Apple's X11 is required. Gimp.app is packaged by Aaron Voisine."

It focused two things and I was fixated on dependencies or header files or
link objects or some such partial compiles to build with,
not something that just ---  ran.

Lightening bolt.

Searching the stumbling blocks gimp2 and X11 meant I was changing my
way of thinking.

Alan Lightman, in a podcast, said young physicists
feel like when they are stuck that is a bad thing and they are wrong.
Dismally, he also feels older physicists should write stories to inspire
younger men, but, to me, that is not enough. I like to get stuck with
myself some times.

I know that os x is somewhat dynamic so an app might have subscribed to
things in an sdk but I've heard tell from a live one that the frameworks you
build with and the frameworks you run with are distinct.

Yet, I have also read in headers of real abstract things in the beta days
a comment that said the Apple team had better explain dynamic runtime
environment to microsoft (before I really believed Jobs didn't believe in
toxic
relationships, so the comment statements seemed like a hoot ).

So, I have a lead on a later edition of X11 app than the 2003 version I have
that works for 10.4.8 or better :
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/macosx_updates/
x11update2006113.html

Weighing in at about 50 megs, it has to wait until high speed access at
library
and only tomorrow will confirm that new operating system made old X11 not
work.

I hope gimp2 perks up so I can get on with Americo virtual world building
instructions which isn't really about graphics or digital artistry but
gaming AI
interactivity, the holy grail for a guy like me trying to amplify minds.