global World cooling

Nicolas Cellier
David,
Here is what happened last month when trying to do this:

WorldWindow test2.

Trying to restore image sanity thru emergency evaluator is not for faint hearted...

I could not reproduce the problem this month
(but the window is not much usable, especially once opened in full screen, the cursor position has an upsetting offset... be prepared to close the image without saving)

I presume that not reproducing the emergency is one of the good side effect of reducing global World pressure.

=?UTF-8?B?Q2FwdHVyZSBk4oCZZcyBY3JhbiAyMDE3LTExLTAyIGHMgCAyMi4xMi40OS5wbmc=?= (353K) Download Attachment

Re: global World cooling

David T. Lewis
On Wed, Dec 06, 2017 at 09:31:03PM +0100, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> David,
> Here is what happened last month when trying to do this:
>
> WorldWindow test2.
>
> Trying to restore image sanity thru emergency evaluator is not for faint
> hearted...
>
> I could not reproduce the problem this month
> (but the window is not much usable, especially once opened in full screen,
> the cursor position has an upsetting offset... be prepared to close the
> image without saving)
>
> I presume that not reproducing the emergency is one of the good side effect
> of reducing global World pressure.

I wish that I could take credit for the improvement, but I do not think that
I did anything that would fix any bugs in this area.

On the other hand, it may be that having less reliance on globals will make
such a problem easier to debug the next time it happens.

Dave