going walkabout

Chris Muller-3
I wanted to let y'all know I've decided not to run for the board this
year.  This was actually a spontaneous decision on the realization
that I've been getting interested in some other domains which already
have their own technical programming languages.  There are a _lot_ of
interesting things out there these days, the momentary feeling of
freedom from responsibilty associated with being on the Squeak board
felt better for new learning that awaits.

Assured, nothing else about my participation in this community will
change.  I will still hound you over trunk breakages.  I still have
and use all my apps, and will still advocate and even rant for making
Squeak more accessible to regular people.  Rather than rant, I hope to
find ways to work to bridge the gap.

I will greatly miss the privilege of getting to engage in the
bi-monthly meeting of the minds (the board meeting), fine people whom
I also consider as friends.

Best wishes and welcome to the new board of 2017!

Re: going walkabout

timrowledge

> On 06-02-2017, at 12:14 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I will greatly miss the privilege of getting to engage in the
> bi-monthly meeting of the minds (the board meeting), fine people whom
> I also consider as friends.

We really ought to find a way to include more people in technical discussion meetings. The board meetings shouldn't be technical discussions but simply a time/place to *organise the business* - arranging release details, sorting out the tiny amount of policy junk needed etc.

We had open google hangouts for a while but they tended to become rambling too easily. Maybe we could try that again and be more careful about having some kind of agenda in advance?

tim
Strange OpCodes: SFA: Seek Financial Assistance