greetings from seasons past

ccrraaiigg

      As I was walking through the PARC lobby recently, a familiar sight
caught my eye. A slideshow on a large monitor was showing pictures of
the Alto and Smalltalk from 1979... of course I had to get hold of them.
:)  With many thanks to Mimi Gardner at PARC (I hope she doesn't mind me
mentioning her), here they are:

      http://www.movedigital.com/go/netjam/103640/alto.zip

      Here's to many more fun seasons of hacking and learning!

-C

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist

Re: greetings from seasons past

Chris Cunnington-5
These pictures are very beautiful. And big. On my Mac I can use Preview and
zoom in in in with no loss of image quality. The whole 70s look is great
too.

Chris

Re: greetings from seasons past

ccrraaiigg

 > These pictures are very beautiful. And big. On my Mac I can use
 > Preview and zoom in in in with no loss of image quality. The whole 70s
 > look is great too.

      Cool! Okay, someone else's turn to serve the pictures, I'm out of
bandwidth. :)

-C

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist
www.netjam.org

Re: greetings from seasons past

Ken Causey-3
Thanks to assistance from Benjamin Pollack I've put these files on the
community server and they can now be found at

http://ftp.squeak.org/Media/alto_pics.zip

or

ftp://ftp.squeak.org/Media/alto_pics.zip

Ken