headless swiki for Mac OS X? -nodisplay and -headless not available?

headless swiki for Mac OS X? -nodisplay and -headless not available?

Daniel Green-2
   I'm trying to get a swiki running on my mac such that it starts at
boot time and doesn't depend on me starting the Mac OS X Squeak app
wrapper manually upon desktop login.  Is that possible and if so, has
somebody documented it?  It looks like it should be possible to fire
off "squeak -headless" or "squeak -display" in a system startup
script  but I only find Linux and Solaris versions for server-only
mode.  The 3.8.latest version of Squeak for Mac OS X doesn't seem to
like either option.

   Thanks in advance for any insights or pointers to documentation.

   Best regards,

-- DanG
Daniel Green, Sun Microsystems
Parkville, Missouri
http://parkville.servebbs.org/media/

Re: headless swiki for Mac OS X? -nodisplay and -headless not available?

johnmci
ok, funny you should ask, I added headless support to mac carbon
3.8.13b4U a week back and was looking for beta testers.
I've stuck in on the idisk and ftp server in the experimental folder.
I'll note there is one bug, because of the copyloop change I've been
hacking on it does not copy forms correctly when you drag widgets
about, you get
the form's lower/right pixel rendered incorrecctly.

However as headless and not serving Forms this might not be a problem
Later in the week or next week I'll posdt a 3.8.13b5U to fix that
problem.

For now look in the usual places via
http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html

for
Squeak 3.8.13beta4U.app.zip
in the experimental folder.

3.8.13.b4  Headless support
                sqMacMain.c
                        headless, set background to false if not headless.
                        alter uuid returned to signify which VM this is

                info.plist
                swap buttons to ensure cmd/opt of trackpad is right
                Add LSBackgroundOnly to yes i

                sqMacEventsUniversal.c
                headless support

                sqMacUnixCommandLineInterface.c
                headless parm -headless added

                sqMacWindowUniversal.c
                headless support

                platforms/Cross/plugins/ExuperyPLugin created

3.8.13.b4, b5, b6, b7
                Had limited distribution to test new button modification logic

3.8.13.b3
                bitBlt>copyLoop changes, normally it prefetchs the next byte for
barrel shifting 64 bits when copying from
                one form to another, and a dirty secret and old bug is that it
reads one word past the end of the Form
                when it processes the last word in the Form. However when you use
surfaces where the surface is
                allocated elsewhere not in object space and in fact say the
allocated form is 2MB and the vm memory
                system makes the frame past the 2MB range non-readable, why then
you die on a read protection failure.
                So alter the loop to consider if it's preload and the last line we
don't do the pre-fetch because that could
                cause a read failure.
3.8.13.b2
                Exupery support, via plugin and changes in the VM for Mac Intel,
use merged VMMaker-Exupery change set

3.8.13.b1
                Exupery support, via plugin and changes in the VM for Mac Intel.
                http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5672

On 24-Oct-06, at 5:40 PM, Daniel Green wrote:

>   I'm trying to get a swiki running on my mac such that it starts
> at boot time and doesn't depend on me starting the Mac OS X Squeak
> app wrapper manually upon desktop login.  Is that possible and if
> so, has somebody documented it?  It looks like it should be
> possible to fire off "squeak -headless" or "squeak -display" in a
> system startup script  but I only find Linux and Solaris versions
> for server-only mode.  The 3.8.latest version of Squeak for Mac OS
> X doesn't seem to like either option.
>
>   Thanks in advance for any insights or pointers to documentation.
>
>   Best regards,
>
> -- DanG
> Daniel Green, Sun Microsystems
> Parkville, Missouri