heads up on AndroidPlugin for SqueakStackEvtAndroidConfig

tty

heads up on AndroidPlugin for SqueakStackEvtAndroidConfig

tty

Hi All,

Pharo has a StackEvtAndroidConfig that requires an AndroidPlugin that is not part of the Cog svn download.

Generating the config will not complete on Squeak. I am going to leave the class in place.

cheers,

tty

Re: heads up on AndroidPlugin for SqueakStackEvtAndroidConfig

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi Tty,

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 8:20 AM, gettimothy <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,

Pharo has a StackEvtAndroidConfig that requires an AndroidPlugin that is not part of the Cog svn download.

When this happens please migrate the missing code to VMMaker-oscog.  Since the plugin doesn't have to be generated or compiled (since that's controlled by configs) I see the plugin's presence harmless at worse.

--
best,
Eliot
tty

Re: heads up on AndroidPlugin for SqueakStackEvtAndroidConfig

tty

When this happens please migrate the missing code to VMMaker-oscog.  Since the plugin doesn't have to be generated or compiled (since that's controlled by configs) I see the plugin's presence harmless at worse.

Hmmm, wierd..

No subclass of InterpreterPlugin on Pharo responds to messageName with "AndroidPlugin".
Also, there is no directory AndroidPlugin in the git source tree for pharo.

AioPlugin
B3DAcceleratorPlugin
B2DPlugin
BitBltPlugin
NativeBoostPlugin
DSAPrims
SqueakFFIPrims
IA32ABI
ZipPlugin
InterpreterPlugin
Klatt
LargeIntegers
IA32ABI
RePlugin
SoundCodecPrims
SqueakSSL
SqueakFFIPrims
UnixOSProcessPlugin
Win32OSProcessPlugin

It seems we have a missing Android...

Re: heads up on AndroidPlugin for SqueakStackEvtAndroidConfig

David T. Lewis

You can find information on the Android VM linked from
http://squeakvm.org/index.html.

Andreas Raab did the original development, with more recent work by Dmitry
Golubovsky.

I think the plugin is probably in Andreas' Google Code project at
http://code.google.com/p/squeak-android-vm/

Dmitry provides a nice overview at
http://wiki.squeakvm-tablet.googlecode.com/hg/Squeak_on_Android.pdf
and his Google Code project is at http://code.google.com/p/squeakvm-tablet/

As far as I know this is the most recent available work (but someone
please correct me if I'm wrong).

Dave

> When this happens please migrate the missing code to VMMaker-oscog.  Since
> the plugin doesn't have to be generated or compiled (since that's
> controlled by configs) I see the plugin's presence harmless at worse.
>
> Hmmm, wierd..
>

> No subclass of InterpreterPlugin on Pharo responds to messageName with
> "AndroidPlugin".
> Also, there is no directory AndroidPlugin in the git source tree for
> pharo.
>
> AioPlugin
>
> B3DAcceleratorPlugin
> B2DPlugin
> BitBltPlugin
> NativeBoostPlugin
> DSAPrims
> SqueakFFIPrims
> IA32ABI
> ZipPlugin
> InterpreterPlugin
> Klatt
> LargeIntegers
> IA32ABI
> RePlugin
> SoundCodecPrims
> SqueakSSL
> SqueakFFIPrims
> UnixOSProcessPlugin
> Win32OSProcessPlugin
>

> It seems we have a missing Android...

Re: heads up on AndroidPlugin for SqueakStackEvtAndroidConfig

Nicolas Cellier

You can find information on the Android VM linked from
http://squeakvm.org/index.html.

Andreas Raab did the original development, with more recent work by Dmitry
Golubovsky.

I think the plugin is probably in Andreas' Google Code project at
http://code.google.com/p/squeak-android-vm/

Dmitry provides a nice overview at
http://wiki.squeakvm-tablet.googlecode.com/hg/Squeak_on_Android.pdf
and his Google Code project is at http://code.google.com/p/squeakvm-tablet/

As far as I know this is the most recent available work (but someone
please correct me if I'm wrong).

Dave

On Pharo, you need to check github
For example some recent commits are commented as "android" here:

https://github.com/JeanBaptisteArnaud/pharo-vm/commit/da5a4ad29b9fa7925fbfaacada032e4df17154da

Normally using git blame, you should be able to know who/when/what introduced each line...
(that's purely theoretical knowledge for me, I never used it so far)

Nicolas

tty

Re: heads up on AndroidPlugin for SqueakStackEvtAndroidConfig

tty

Nicolas and David.

Thank you.

---- On Wed, 21 May 2014 12:21:57 -0700 Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> wrote ----