hello

Alan Turing
Hi,

I am new in smalltalk and squeak.
In this language what is the right way to learn smalltalk/squeak? I am
reading a ebook of Ducasse "learn programming with robots" and it
seems good for begin. Anyway, after this book I would like make
something for manage networks and database; what resource may I use?

thanks.

max

Re: hello

David Mitchell-10
Max,

Steph's book is a nice way to learn programming. I'm actually using his bots environment as part of a presentation I'm doing this coming Saturday at the Iowa Code Camp in Des Moines.

Steph has a great list of free Smalltalk books on his site. On that is a little dated but is an excellent read is known as the NuBlue book by Mark Guzdial:

http://www.amazon.com/Squeak-Open-Personal-Computing-Multimedia/dp/0130280917

You can actually review a draft of the chapters of that book from Steph's site. There is one chapter in particular by Bijian Parsia, Lex Spoon (of Programming Scala fame), and Bolot Kerimbaev:

http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/squeakbook/uploads/parsia.pdf

Good luck

--David
http://www.withaguide.com