hmmm

Richard-50
I was wondering...is there any place where I can go that has some tutorials on this? I forgot the url of one that showed how to make a lan on this softwhere by linking windows inside it. If anyone has or knows a place that can help me with this please post.

Re: hmmm

Howard Stearns
There are several things you might mean:

http://opencroquet.org/croquet_technologies/tutorials.html lists some
movies. Some of these show the use of some of the demos on a LAN. Some
show the use of different distinct worlds linked as a network to each
other by portals.

http://jlombardi.blogspot.com/2006/01/unauthorized-tutorials.html
describes a far ranging EARLY tutorial that I recall had some
interesting ideas about different ways of embedding (different places
in?) Croquet as a network within a larger application.

http://earth.software.umn.edu/cgi-bin/KnownWorlds shows an example of a
generated registry of spaces (not just on a LAN). It is based on the
stuff under the Space menu of the "Simple Demo" in the SDK repository
code. I don't know of a writeup of this.

What is it that you are trying to do, and are you asking as a
programmer, a user, or otherwise?

--
Howard Stearns
University of Wisconsin - Madison
voice:+1-608-262-3724

Re: hmmm

Joshua Gargus-2
Croquet is programmed in Squeak (http://squeak.org).  In addition to
the documentation that you will find at the Squeak website, you'll
probably want to join the Squeak developers mailing list (http://
lists.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/squeak-dev) and/
or the Squeak beginners mailing list (http://
lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/beginners).

It is best to direct to address non-Croquet-specific questions to the
above mailing lists.

For Croquet-specific programming, start with the Programming Guide
(<a href="http://www.opencroquet.org/Site%20PDFs/Croquet%20Programming%">http://www.opencroquet.org/Site%20PDFs/Croquet%20Programming%
201.0B.pdf), and feel free to ask questions that aren't clear afterward.

Have fun,
Josh