how do I put in a sky with clouds, is that an object I can add? Where is it. Must that sky be cobalt blue?

how do I put in a sky with clouds, is that an object I can add? Where is it. Must that sky be cobalt blue?

Paul Sheldon-2
I'm imagining the moving clouds that used to cue an
island was ready to go to was an external resource and
not smalltalk programming.

I'm adding a spherical movie at infinity by adding sky
with clouds.

how do I put in a sky with clouds, is that an object I can add? Where is it. Must that sky be cobalt blue?

Americo Damasceno
Paul,

To have an sky having clouds in movement you need to add, to the function
"initialize" of the Class CobaltWorld:

 tframe := TSkyBox new initializeWithFileName: 'JUL'.
 tframe step. " Make the sky spin. "
 space addChild: tframe.

Commentaries in Smalltakk are between quotation marks.

It works for Croquet-Cobalt and I imagine that it's working also for
Web-Cobalt, like you can test loading, at the "Cobalt browser":

http://www.dmu.com/cobalt/lesson4+sky.c3d

(It's the same 3D lesson 4 with the new sky)

Please, let me know if it's working OK because, like I do tests at a "not
clean" computer, sometimes I think that all is OK, but it's not. Because my
Cache has many thinks that a "clean machine" doesn't have.

how do I put in a sky with clouds, is that an object I can add? Where is it. Must that sky be cobalt blue?

Americo Damasceno
To make this sky "cobalt" is a little more difficult but possible. We willteach
how to create it in the future.

Be pacient... Our Manual is "step by step"... :-)