how to install (cyrillic) fonts on OSX?

michal-list

hi -

I must be missing something obvious: how do I import OSX fonts into
squeak (so that I can display eg. cyrillic text)?

I am running the latest trunk image, and have tried with and without
the "modified bitblt plugin" (at
ftp://ftp.smalltalkconsulting.com/experimental/BitBltPlugin.v1.0.0b1.FreeTypePlus.bundle.zip)
but the system fonts never show up in worldMenu > appearances > system fonts,
and I cannot find a way to import them so that they appear there.

Any hints?

Would there be any other image (etoys / pharo / etc) which is more
ready for international fonts? (cyrillic but also arabic, etc)? I am
currently using the latest trunk.

thanks,
Michal

Eno

Re: how to install (cyrillic) fonts on OSX?

Eno
That's a really big issue to me, too.

I've noticed this problem for a long time but squeak is always squeak,
and this congenital condition is by design from the core.

All I felt is that the core team tended to ignore it , no one care or want to
touch or change it to up to date as other major languages such as
python, ruby, java does.

sad to say that for this good language. Just want a real change in version 4... 5..?