how to? mantis

Nicolas Cellier-3

Hi all,

found the bug (Character>>sameAs:) lacking in 3.8 (make some VB-regex fail).

Searched mantis with simple filters regex then sameAs, found nothing matching.

Checked in a 3.9 image, it is corrected OK.
I attach the test and patch for older image, in case any one interested.

Is there a corresponding entry in mantis ?
How to find it ?

RegexPatch.1.cs (343 bytes) Download Attachment
RegexTest.1.cs (780 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: how to? mantis

Michael Rueger-6
nicolas cellier wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> found the bug (Character>>sameAs:) lacking in 3.8 (make some VB-regex fail).
>
> Searched mantis with simple filters regex then sameAs, found nothing matching.
>
> Checked in a 3.9 image, it is corrected OK.
> I attach the test and patch for older image, in case any one interested.
>
> Is there a corresponding entry in mantis ?
> How to find it ?

We just added a Squeak 3.8 project in Mantis to track issues for 3.8.
You should be able to either copy the old entry or open a new one in 3.8.

Michael

Re: how to? mantis

Marcus Denker

On 13.02.2006, at 21:39, nicolas cellier wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> found the bug (Character>>sameAs:) lacking in 3.8 (make some VB-
> regex fail).
>
> Searched mantis with simple filters regex then sameAs, found
> nothing matching.
>
> Checked in a 3.9 image, it is corrected OK.
> I attach the test and patch for older image, in case any one
> interested.
>
> Is there a corresponding entry in mantis ?

I well be that there is no entry in Mantis... I think sameAs: comes
from the RB
package (and thus might be a VisualWorks compatibility method).

Many developers have the RB installed, and everyone thus used
all the extensions without thinking. This was one of the reasons why we
moved everything that made sense over from RB into 3.9 (and fixed
RB to not use those that made no sense...).

And this bugs was fixed by that, I guess.

For 3.8: We now have a Project on Mantis for "Squeak 3.8". So this
is the right place to make bug reports for all those tiny bugs that
are in 3.8 but already fixed in 3.9...

There will be a 3.8.1 soon were a lot of those small bugs can be fixed.

       Marcus

Re: how to? mantis

Nicolas Cellier-3
Le Lundi 13 Février 2006 21:49, vous avez écrit :

> On 13.02.2006, at 21:39, nicolas cellier wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > found the bug (Character>>sameAs:) lacking in 3.8 (make some VB-
> > regex fail).
> >
> > Searched mantis with simple filters regex then sameAs, found
> > nothing matching.
> >
> > Checked in a 3.9 image, it is corrected OK.
> > I attach the test and patch for older image, in case any one
> > interested.
> >
> > Is there a corresponding entry in mantis ?
>
> I well be that there is no entry in Mantis... I think sameAs: comes
> from the RB
> package (and thus might be a VisualWorks compatibility method).
>
> Many developers have the RB installed, and everyone thus used
> all the extensions without thinking. This was one of the reasons why we
> moved everything that made sense over from RB into 3.9 (and fixed
> RB to not use those that made no sense...).
>
> And this bugs was fixed by that, I guess.
>
> For 3.8: We now have a Project on Mantis for "Squeak 3.8". So this
> is the right place to make bug reports for all those tiny bugs that
> are in 3.8 but already fixed in 3.9...
>
> There will be a 3.8.1 soon were a lot of those small bugs can be fixed.
>
>        Marcus

I finally found something on mantis (with sameAs: filter), it is 1007
I must have mistyped something the first time...

Strange, i have RB installed (from squeak map i think). Maybe
Character>>sameAs: come with another package...

Thanks to Marcus and Michael for fast answer

Nicolas

Re: how to? mantis

Marcus Denker

On 13.02.2006, at 22:22, nicolas cellier wrote:

> I finally found something on mantis (with sameAs: filter), it is 1007
> I must have mistyped something the first time...

That's about String>>#sameAs:

> Strange, i have RB installed (from squeak map i think). Maybe
> Character>>sameAs: come with another package...

It was a bug report for Regex (Squeak Packages):
http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=1597

     Marcus