http://www.geeksrus.com/sophie/

stéphane ducasse-2

Re: http://www.geeksrus.com/sophie/

wilkesj
How much of the UI are custom widgets vs. standard Tweak?  It's the
best looking Squeak app I've seen.  Great work!

On 5/12/06, stéphane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://www.geeksrus.com/sophie/ :)

Re: http://www.geeksrus.com/sophie/

Michael Rueger-6
Wilkes Joiner wrote:
> How much of the UI are custom widgets vs. standard Tweak?  It's the
> best looking Squeak app I've seen.  Great work!

those are tweak widgets, but we extended them so we can skin them using
CSS. Flaps are custom widgets.

And I'll forward the compliments to our designers here at Impara :-)

Michael

Re: http://www.geeksrus.com/sophie/

Hans-Martin Mosner
stéphane ducasse wrote:

> http://www.geeksrus.com/sophie/ :)

Sorry, won't play on any of the platforms I have access to (LinuxPPC and
WinXP).
I really don't know how far the choice of production software and the
choice of output format are realted, but I think that using a commonly
supported format might have been a little friendlier for those of us who
don't have the newest hardware/software combination. MPEG is supported
even on this 10 years old LinuxPPC machine...

Cheers,
Hans-Martin

Re: http://www.geeksrus.com/sophie/

Steven W Riggins
Hans,

I chose QuickTime/H.264 because it gave me the best compression for
those large movies and just as a sort of historical reference.

I'll see about recompressing them in mpeg or something.  Sadly
ffmpegx is a pile and never converts properly for me.

QuickTime will run on Windows XP, and is free.  If there is some
other issue with Windows, let me know, could be an iWeb bug.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

Steve

Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:

> Sorry, won't play on any of the platforms I have access to (LinuxPPC
> and WinXP).

This is the (german) error message on WinXP:
QuickTime fehlen notwendige Komponenten, um diese Aktion auszuführen.
Leider befindet sich diese Software nicht auf dem QuickTime Server.

How absolutely helpful. Not. Apparently it is too difficult to tell the
user the *names* of those missing components, so he might do some manual
installation...

Is anybody else using WinXP and is able to view those movies?

Cheers,
Hans-Martin

Re: http://www.geeksrus.com/sophie/

Steven W Riggins
Hans-Martin,

QuickTime 7 is required, or at least 6. Which version are you using?

Steve

On May 12, 2006, at 12:37 PM, Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:

> Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:
>
>> Sorry, won't play on any of the platforms I have access to
>> (LinuxPPC and WinXP).
>
> This is the (german) error message on WinXP:
> QuickTime fehlen notwendige Komponenten, um diese Aktion auszuführen.
> Leider befindet sich diese Software nicht auf dem QuickTime Server.
>
> How absolutely helpful. Not. Apparently it is too difficult to tell
> the user the *names* of those missing components, so he might do
> some manual installation...
>
> Is anybody else using WinXP and is able to view those movies?
>
> Cheers,
> Hans-Martin

Re: http://www.geeksrus.com/sophie/

Bob Courchaine
I'm running 6.5.2 on WinXP, Steven, and Firefox seems to load the player
but there's no images (white screen).

Earlier in the day I saw an error message that is probably the English
version of what you see, Hans-Martin.

I tried following one of the other links on the main page and now I get
what I described above.

Bob

Bob Courchaine wrote:

>I'm running 6.5.2 on WinXP, Steven, and Firefox seems to load the player
>but there's no images (white screen).
>
>Earlier in the day I saw an error message that is probably the English
>version of what you see, Hans-Martin.
>
>I tried following one of the other links on the main page and now I get
>what I described above.

Installing QuickTime 7 (from the Apple site) helped, and indeed Sophie
looks pretty nice.
Perhaps the Sophie web site should state that to view the demos, you
need QT 7.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin

Re: http://www.geeksrus.com/sophie/

Brad Fuller
Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:

> Bob Courchaine wrote:
>
>> I'm running 6.5.2 on WinXP, Steven, and Firefox seems to load the player
>> but there's no images (white screen).
>>
>> Earlier in the day I saw an error message that is probably the English
>> version of what you see, Hans-Martin.
>>
>> I tried following one of the other links on the main page and now I get
>> what I described above.
> Installing QuickTime 7 (from the Apple site) helped, and indeed Sophie
> looks pretty nice.
> Perhaps the Sophie web site should state that to view the demos, you
> need QT 7.
it'd be nice if there was a link so we linux people could download it
(we can play QT, but I don't know how to make firefox use the mplayer
plugin for QT)

Re: http://www.geeksrus.com/sophie/

Damien Cassou-3
> it'd be nice if there was a link so we linux people could download it
> (we can play QT, but I don't know how to make firefox use the mplayer
> plugin for QT)

You can install VLC multimedia plugin (available on my ubuntu:
mozilla-plugin-vlc)

--
Damien Cassou

Damien Cassou wrote:
>> it'd be nice if there was a link so we linux people could download it
>> (we can play QT, but I don't know how to make firefox use the mplayer
>> plugin for QT)
>
> You can install VLC multimedia plugin (available on my ubuntu:
> mozilla-plugin-vlc)
thanks. I just upgraded to FC5 and the mplayer plugin started to work. I
guess I had messed it up in FC3
But, I'll try the VLC plugin too.

Still, I think a way to dnl the files would be good too.