https

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi All,

    what are people using for https support?

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: https

Ron Teitelbaum
SqueakSSL

WebClient httpGet: 'https://www.google.com'

Ron

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 3:09 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

    what are people using for https support?

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: https

marcel.taeumel
Note that due to incomplete or missing SAN support on some platforms, using alternative names can still raise a SqueakSSLCertificateError:

WebClient httpGet: 'https://google.com'

Best,
Marcel

Am 22.08.2017 22:14:38 schrieb Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]>:

SqueakSSL

WebClient httpGet: 'https://www.google.com'

Ron

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 3:09 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

    what are people using for https support?

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: https

Chris Muller-3
To get around the incomplete SAN support, one of my applications
actually calls out to curl via OSProcess.

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 1:37 AM, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Note that due to incomplete or missing SAN support on some platforms, using
> alternative names can still raise a SqueakSSLCertificateError:
>
> WebClient httpGet: 'https://google.com'
>
> Best,
> Marcel
>
> Am 22.08.2017 22:14:38 schrieb Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]>:
>
> SqueakSSL
>
> WebClient httpGet: 'https://www.google.com'
>
> Ron
>
> On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 3:09 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>>     what are people using for https support?
>>
>> _,,,^..^,,,_
>> best, Eliot

Re: https

Tobias Pape
Hi Phil

> On 24.08.2017, at 22:30, Phil B <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Also, if you ignore the name checking of the cert (i.e. just blindly accept it... dangerous to do with anything important) I've found that you'll often either get a connection timeout or -5 error from the plugin.  Not sure if this is specifically related to SAN support (i.e. is there additional negotiation that needs to be done?) or if there are some newer https features that need to be added...

can you tell me your platform and the plugin version you are using? I'd really like to get rid of those -5's :)

Best regard
        -tobias

> On Aug 23, 2017 2:37 AM, "Marcel Taeumel" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Note that due to incomplete or missing SAN support on some platforms, using alternative names can still raise a SqueakSSLCertificateError:
>
> WebClient httpGet: 'https://google.com'
>
> Best,
> Marcel
>> Am 22.08.2017 22:14:38 schrieb Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> SqueakSSL
>>
>> WebClient httpGet: 'https://www.google.com'
>>
>> Ron
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 3:09 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>>    what are people using for https support?

>> best, Eliot

Re: https

Phil B
Hi Tobias,

Sure... I'm currently running on Debian 9 stable (x86 32- and 64-bit, ARM 32-bit) but have been experiencing this at least since Debian 8.  I run a variety of VMs from the release Squeak VM (through 5.1), the Spur builds on bintray (I think the latest I've tried were dated 6/16/2017) as well as my own VM builds but confess that I haven't been paying much attention to whether or not I'm seeing issues more/less in one VM/plugin version or another as this issue has been creeping up/expanding for about 2 years now.  I will try to start keeping better track.  I haven't yet had the time to dig into it deeply but think it's a combination of issues mostly (entirely?) related to server-side SSL configuration as I've been noticing sites that used to work no longer do and the number of failures seem to have tracked site migrations to https.

Thanks,
Phil