iChat Theater sends iChat events, ads apps

1 message Options

iChat Theater sends iChat events, ads apps

Paul Sheldon-2
The Apple take is "they" don't have to have your app replicated
for you to show what it does.

The Croquet "business model" is somewhat different,
advertising needed replication.

One might ask the reason for mixed strategy :
coexistance of open dynamic source
with prioprietary source being demonstrated to sell.

I am intrigued at a learning "environment" where it isn't considered
a proprietary infringement for people to talk to each other
and develope ideas, "the gift economy" as written of
in "Brief History of the Future".

So, I am happy for the coexistance.

I have also experienced being a beta tester user
for source code kept private from me.
It was interesting to note that I could be helpful,
even though all knowledge was not open to me.

So, again, I am happy for the coexistance.