iPhone no concurrent apps=> don't embed you tube?

iPhone no concurrent apps=> don't embed you tube?

Paul Sheldon-3
Somewhere in web apps movie it seemed a programming paradyme shift
that a link in the browser would quit the browser before it would
launch a web app because of limits of mobile devices.

So, I believe, apple had to have a separated you tube web app because
embedding means a plugin running concurrently to the browser which
iPhone can't do.

Lesson on iphone also confirmed arm instruction set, like newtonscript
(smalltalk derivation) was built upon; confirming googling I did
before buying...

Newton could run several programs at same time, mysterious.

Re: iPhone no concurrent apps=> don't embed you tube?

Bert Freudenberg
On 22.04.2008, at 07:28, Paul Sheldon wrote:

> Somewhere in web apps movie it seemed a programming paradyme shift
> that a link in the browser would quit the browser before it would
> launch a web app because of limits of mobile devices.
>
> So, I believe, apple had to have a separated you tube web app because
> embedding means a plugin running concurrently to the browser which
> iPhone can't do.
>
> Lesson on iphone also confirmed arm instruction set, like newtonscript
> (smalltalk derivation) was built upon; confirming googling I did
> before buying...
>
> Newton could run several programs at same time, mysterious.

Paul,

what exactly has this to do with Croquet? It's unnerving already for
you to monopolize this list with every little discovery you make about
Croquet, but IMHO this is crossing the line. Restrain yourself a tiny
bit. Please. With sugar on top ;)

Take care,

- Bert -

Re: iPhone no concurrent apps=> don't embed you tube?

Paul Sheldon-3
This is the context of Kyle's contribution of apple's prescription of
how to embed you tube lessons on blender.

Small talk was on ancient newton with arm processor and had multiple
apps not requiring jumping to another app.

Ironic. I launched apps from something like a web page on newton, but
now on newer arm they have this stupid rule you don't have multiple
applications.
Perhaps you squeak professionals will make the new arm sing with a
variant of smalltalk.

Those are my reasons for thinking it relevant.