>> implementation

Mathieu Suen-2
Hi,

I was reading code when I find several implementation of #>> selector.
But they all have the same body. (Except for Integer).

So why?

Math

Re: >> implementation

Klaus D. Witzel
Hi Math,

on Sun, 09 Jul 2006 23:42:28 +0200, you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was reading code when I find several implementation of #>> selector.

You have perhaps seen that in a recent 3.9 image?

> But they all have the same body. (Except for Integer).

You can switch on the preference to show annotation panes in browsers,
then you'd see that the methods (except for CArray and Integer) are indeed
the same code+version: there's only one #>> method "propagated" by the
traits system.

> So why?

Hope that helps.

/Klaus

> Math

Re: Re: >> implementation

Mathieu SUEN
Ok so It's me who don't know what is Traits

Thanks,

2006/7/10, Klaus D. Witzel <[hidden email]>:
Hi Math,

on Sun, 09 Jul 2006 23:42:28 +0200, you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was reading code when I find several implementation of #>> selector.

You have perhaps seen that in a recent 3.9 image?

> But they all have the same body. (Except for Integer).

You can switch on the preference to show annotation panes in browsers,
then you'd see that the methods (except for CArray and Integer) are indeed
the same code+version: there's only one #>> method "propagated" by the
traits system.

> So why?

Hope that helps.

/Klaus

> Math

Re: Re: >> implementation

Damien Cassou-3
Mathieu SUEN wrote:
> Ok so It's me who don't know what is Traits

Traits are a very interesting way of writing softwares. You can write
behavior in something that look like a class without state (namely a
trait) and use this behavior in the classes you want.

http://www.iam.unibe.ch/%7Escg/Research/Traits/index.html

I recommend you to read 'Traits, composable units of behavior' which is
short and clear. I found this article very interesting.