inlining of #caseOf: appears to break looking for implementors

inlining of #caseOf: appears to break looking for implementors

timrowledge
#caseOf: is inlined, which is all nice and lovely *except* that if you ask for messages sent in such a method - in order to do the perfectly commonplace looking for implementors of one of them - there is no mention of #caseOf: but there is #caseError.

That's a bit annoying.

tim
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.

Re: inlining of #caseOf: appears to break looking for implementors

Nicolas Cellier
Hi Tim,
We already have pending fixes for that one.
But the Decompiler will have to be fixed too and it's more involved...

Le dim. 10 mai 2020 à 06:43, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> a écrit :
#caseOf: is inlined, which is all nice and lovely *except* that if you ask for messages sent in such a method - in order to do the perfectly commonplace looking for implementors of one of them - there is no mention of #caseOf: but there is #caseError.

That's a bit annoying.

tim
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.

Re: inlining of #caseOf: appears to break looking for implementors

timrowledge

> On 2020-05-09, at 11:57 PM, Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim,
> We already have pending fixes for that one.

Well that's encouraging...

> But the Decompiler will have to be fixed too and it's more involved...

... and that's puzzling since the browser happily shows the 'right' result when set to show 'decompile'.

tim
Strange OpCodes: HEM: Hide Evidence of Malfunction

Re: inlining of #caseOf: appears to break looking for implementors

timrowledge

> On 2020-05-10, at 10:27 AM, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 2020-05-09, at 11:57 PM, Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tim,
>> We already have pending fixes for that one.
>
> Well that's encouraging...

And indeed your update seems to fix the fatal recursion. Excellent!

tim
Useful random insult:- He's not a complete idiot -- some parts are missing.

Re: inlining of #caseOf: appears to break looking for implementors

Nicolas Cellier
The Decompiler did cost me an arm. Half of my brain is dysfunctional now. The surviving neurons are so excited that they would be ready to solve any remaining problem! Of course, that is an illusion, i'd better rest before they cause damages ;)

Le dim. 10 mai 2020 à 19:30, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> On 2020-05-10, at 10:27 AM, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 2020-05-09, at 11:57 PM, Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tim,
>> We already have pending fixes for that one.
>
> Well that's encouraging...

And indeed your update seems to fix the fatal recursion. Excellent!

tim
Useful random insult:- He's not a complete idiot -- some parts are missing.

Re: inlining of #caseOf: appears to break looking for implementors

timrowledge

> On 2020-05-10, at 11:14 AM, Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The Decompiler did cost me an arm. Half of my brain is dysfunctional now. T

Yeah, been there done that ... or at least I think I remember it. Maybe. What was I saying?

tim
"Bo***x" said Pooh when Piglet kneed him in the groin.

Re: inlining of #caseOf: appears to break looking for implementors

marcel.taeumel
Hi Nicolas,

maybe add chocolate? :-)

Best,