!! input needed ... priorities for next version

!! input needed ... priorities for next version

Timothy Falconer-3
Hi everyone,

At todays Squeakland software meet, we discussed how to prioritize the tasks for the next release, slated for mid-June.

Here are some criteria that came up.  Choose issues that:

1. have high educational value
2. will enhance collaboration and community
3. support volunteers that currently have momentum
4. will inspire new developers to dive in and contribute
5. will help smooth out the rough edges in Etoys

I asked everyone to pick their Top Ten issues from the current list of 180:

Mine are:

4. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-452 (with showcase integration)

Please pick your top ten issues and respond to this email.  We'll be comparing notes next Monday and choosing what issues to emphasize in coming months.

This is the best time for you to have a voice in the next version of Etoys.

If you think of something that's not in the tracker already, add the issue yourself and choose it in your list.

Take care,
Tim

--
Timothy Falconer
Squeakland Foundation

Re: !! input needed ... priorities for next version

Scott Wallace
Here are my ten:

1.  SQ-128 Make input fields scrollable
2.  SQ-134 Persistent preferences
3.  SQ-139 Ambiguous translation strings
4.  SQ-311 make it easier to use etoys instead of powerpoint
5.  SQ-324 Include DrGeo
6.  SQ-331 Better keyboard support for games
7.  SQ-423 etoys suggestion box
8.  SQ-455 project doesn't paint, except where cursor is (miner lamp
bug)
9.  SQ-456 close project tab in firefox, bleeds through to previous tab
10. SQ-461 permalinks for showcase projects

   -- Scott

On Nov 9, 2009, at 8:03 PM, Timothy Falconer wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> At todays Squeakland software meet, we discussed how to prioritize
> the tasks for the next release, slated for mid-June.
>

> Here are some criteria that came up.  Choose issues that:
>
> 1. have high educational value
> 2. will enhance collaboration and community
> 3. support volunteers that currently have momentum
> 4. will inspire new developers to dive in and contribute
> 5. will help smooth out the rough edges in Etoys
>

> I asked everyone to pick their Top Ten issues from the current list
> of 180:
>
> http://tracker.squeakland.org/dev
>
> Mine are:
>
> 1. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-455
> 2. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-374
> 3. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-114
> 4. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-452 (with showcase
> integration)
> 5. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-515
> 6. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-456
> 7. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-417
> 8. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-407
> 9. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-46
> 10. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-60
>

> Please pick your top ten issues and respond to this email.  We'll be
> comparing notes next Monday and choosing what issues to emphasize in
> coming months.
>
> This is the best time for you to have a voice in the next version of
> Etoys.
>
> If you think of something that's not in the tracker already, add the
> issue yourself and choose it in your list.
>
> Take care,
> Tim

Re: [etoys-dev] Re: !! input needed ... priorities for next version

Karl Ramberg
Ok, here is 10 from me.

1.http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-324 Include DrGeo
2.http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-560 Ability to Single Step Scripts
3.http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-97 Make TimesRepeat tiles not block the whole etoy environment
4.http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-290 Developer friendly environment
5.http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-303 Paint palette obscures colors to pick
6.http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-311 make it easier to use etoys instead of powerpoint
7.http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-313 send bug to squeakland feature
8.http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-331 Better keyboard support for games
9.http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-500 Scriptor layout not updated
10 http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-326 signup within etoys

Karl

Re: !! input needed ... priorities for next version

Bert Freudenberg
My top-n:

 SQ-565 (get back performance on XO)
 SQ-134 (support preferences)
 SQ-467SQ-468SQ-466SQ-403SQ-516 (Mac Plugin/VM fixes)
 SQ-400 (Linux screen refresh problem)
 SQ-283SQ-229SQ-278SQ-309SQ-105 (support non-latin languages)
 SQ-139SQ-91SQ-86SQ-75(translations: smaller files+context-specific, better fallback, preloading, better comments)
 SQ-60SQ-297SQ-59 (translatable QuickGuides and example projects)
 SQ-457 (proxy support)
 SQ-169 (resizable browser plugin window)
 SQ-199 (scriptable Journal)
 SQ-57 (upgrade support)
 SQ-290SQ-247SQ-106 (better developer support)

- Bert -

On 10.11.2009, at 20:35, Karl Ramberg wrote:

[...]

Korakurider-2
On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Timothy Falconer
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> At todays Squeakland software meet, we discussed how to prioritize the tasks
> for the next release, slated for mid-June.
>
> Here are some criteria that came up.  Choose issues that:
> 1. have high educational value
> 2. will enhance collaboration and community
> 3. support volunteers that currently have momentum
> 4. will inspire new developers to dive in and contribute
> 5. will help smooth out the rough edges in Etoys
>
> I asked everyone to pick their Top Ten issues from the current list of 180:
> http://tracker.squeakland.org/dev

  Where has the resource gone after Jira upgrade?
  I get HTTP-404 right now.

/Korakurider