[interceptingCmdKeys]

Steve Moffitt
Hi All

I've been trying to intercept command key shortcuts. I was able to do
it in TextMorph by changing the method handler in ParagraphEditor --
I was not able to change the key binding with a new method name
however. Is there an easier way -- for Morph in general.
Thanks in advance.

Steve

Re: [interceptingCmdKeys]

cdavidshaffer
Steve Moffitt wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I've been trying to intercept command key shortcuts. I was able to do
> it in TextMorph by changing the method handler in ParagraphEditor --
> I was not able to change the key binding with a new method name
> however. Is there an easier way -- for Morph in general.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Steve _______________________________________________
> Beginners mailing list

Steve,

On SqueakMap you'll find the Keymapping and KeyBinder packages.  You'll
find the Keymapping allows you to specify per morph (instance or class)
key bindings.  It includes a horribly ugly UI and a fair amount of
documentation by way of examples.  You can use to accomplish the goal
you stated, overriding keymaps for text morphs (and the "World", and
other morphs as well).  I have not tested it under Squeak3.9 but if
there are any problems I will fix them promptly.  KeyBinder seems have
gained popularity, and appears to be cleaner than Keymapping.  I'd
recommend you try each of them separately in "test" images to see which
one you like.

David