[interrogative] CryptographyPlugins-eem.14

[interrogative] CryptographyPlugins-eem.14

Robert Withers-2

I launched my new vmmaker image *yes* and I see that the
CryptographyPlugins-eem.14 is loaded.  *AWESOME*

I forget how to look at what Plugins are generated externally. Squeak
Slack is fairly quiet, may I ask a few questions? Is there an easy way
to explore this for the presence of the Cryptography plugins? Which
directory would be holding them on the filesystem? In which directory do
we generate binding files? Which side of which is what?

TYK, r

Re: [interrogative] CryptographyPlugins-eem.14

Robert Withers-2

Alright, I see mvm in the build directory for
linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur/ and the internal and external plugin files
in linux64x64. Those files do not specify the CryptographyPlugins.

Alright, so let us see if they are generated. I look in spur64src/ and
platforms/Cross/plugins and platforms/unix/plugins and in those
locations I do not find any CryptographyPlugins, many others though.

My question becomes how can a generate external plugins with the VMMaker
for squeak.cog.spur?

tyk, r

On 3/2/20 1:09 PM, Robert wrote:

> I launched my new vmmaker image *yes* and I see that the
> CryptographyPlugins-eem.14 is loaded.  *AWESOME*
>
> I forget how to look at what Plugins are generated externally. Squeak
> Slack is fairly quiet, may I ask a few questions? Is there an easy way
> to explore this for the presence of the Cryptography plugins? Which
> directory would be holding them on the filesystem? In which directory
> do we generate binding files? Which side of which is what?
>
> TYK, r

Re: [interrogative] CryptographyPlugins-eem.14

Robert Withers-2

I ran VMMaker class>>#generateVMPlugins which include these
CryptographyPlugins in the inclusions directory.

  DESPlugin DSAPlugin MD5Plugin SHA256Plugin

Those plugins are still absent from Cross/plugins and unix/plugins. I am
stuck why they aren't being generated. I am on the Squeak Slack channel
if anyone would like to collaborate.

K, r

On 3/2/20 1:32 PM, Robert wrote:

> Alright, I see mvm in the build directory for
> linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur/ and the internal and external plugin files
> in linux64x64. Those files do not specify the CryptographyPlugins.
>
> Alright, so let us see if they are generated. I look in spur64src/ and
> platforms/Cross/plugins and platforms/unix/plugins and in those
> locations I do not find any CryptographyPlugins, many others though.
>
> My question becomes how can a generate external plugins with the
> VMMaker for squeak.cog.spur?
>
> tyk, r
>
> On 3/2/20 1:09 PM, Robert wrote:
>> I launched my new vmmaker image *yes* and I see that the
>> CryptographyPlugins-eem.14 is loaded.  *AWESOME*
>>
>> I forget how to look at what Plugins are generated externally. Squeak
>> Slack is fairly quiet, may I ask a few questions? Is there an easy
>> way to explore this for the presence of the Cryptography plugins?
>> Which directory would be holding them on the filesystem? In which
>> directory do we generate binding files? Which side of which is what?
>>
>> TYK, r

Re: [interrogative] CryptographyPlugins-eem.14

Robert Withers-2

Alright, now, I found these Crypto plugins. They are in src/plugins/! I
added them to the plugins.ext, in build.linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur, then
ran ./build/mvm. The result is some error with the c compiler on my
Ubuntu 18.04. Here tis:

quotar@ganymede:~/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/build.linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur/build$
./mvm
clean? y
/home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/spur64src
/home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/src/plugins
checking sanity of generated src directory... okay
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking target system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

Configuring Squeak  (.-) for x86_64-linux-gnu

checking for gcc... clang
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in
`/home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/build.linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur/build':
See `config.log' for more details

Grateful for assistance.

tyk, r

On 3/2/20 1:45 PM, Robert wrote:

> I ran VMMaker class>>#generateVMPlugins which include these
> CryptographyPlugins in the inclusions directory.
>
>    DESPlugin DSAPlugin MD5Plugin SHA256Plugin
>
> Those plugins are still absent from Cross/plugins and unix/plugins. I am
> stuck why they aren't being generated. I am on the Squeak Slack channel
> if anyone would like to collaborate.
>
> K, r
>
> On 3/2/20 1:32 PM, Robert wrote:
>> Alright, I see mvm in the build directory for
>> linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur/ and the internal and external plugin files
>> in linux64x64. Those files do not specify the CryptographyPlugins.
>>
>> Alright, so let us see if they are generated. I look in spur64src/ and
>> platforms/Cross/plugins and platforms/unix/plugins and in those
>> locations I do not find any CryptographyPlugins, many others though.
>>
>> My question becomes how can a generate external plugins with the
>> VMMaker for squeak.cog.spur?
>>
>> tyk, r
>>
>> On 3/2/20 1:09 PM, Robert wrote:
>>> I launched my new vmmaker image *yes* and I see that the
>>> CryptographyPlugins-eem.14 is loaded.  *AWESOME*
>>>
>>> I forget how to look at what Plugins are generated externally. Squeak
>>> Slack is fairly quiet, may I ask a few questions? Is there an easy
>>> way to explore this for the presence of the Cryptography plugins?
>>> Which directory would be holding them on the filesystem? In which
>>> directory do we generate binding files? Which side of which is what?
>>>
>>> TYK, r

Re: [interrogative] CryptographyPlugins-eem.14

Nicolas Cellier

Hi Robert,
yes, src/plugins holds the generated code from slang
platforms/* holds the external C code we want to bind to the VM (Cross platform or platform specific).

You should be looking at files build.linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur/plugins.int and plugin.ext which contains the list of internal and external plugins that will be compiled by mvm.

On 3/2/20 1:45 PM, Robert wrote:
> I ran VMMaker class>>#generateVMPlugins which include these
> CryptographyPlugins in the inclusions directory.
>
>    DESPlugin DSAPlugin MD5Plugin SHA256Plugin
>
> Those plugins are still absent from Cross/plugins and unix/plugins. I am
> stuck why they aren't being generated. I am on the Squeak Slack channel
> if anyone would like to collaborate.
>
> K, r
>
> On 3/2/20 1:32 PM, Robert wrote:
>> Alright, I see mvm in the build directory for
>> linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur/ and the internal and external plugin files
>> in linux64x64. Those files do not specify the CryptographyPlugins.
>>
>> Alright, so let us see if they are generated. I look in spur64src/ and
>> platforms/Cross/plugins and platforms/unix/plugins and in those
>> locations I do not find any CryptographyPlugins, many others though.
>>
>> My question becomes how can a generate external plugins with the
>> VMMaker for squeak.cog.spur?
>>
>> tyk, r
>>
>> On 3/2/20 1:09 PM, Robert wrote:
>>> I launched my new vmmaker image *yes* and I see that the
>>> CryptographyPlugins-eem.14 is loaded.  *AWESOME*
>>>
>>> I forget how to look at what Plugins are generated externally. Squeak
>>> Slack is fairly quiet, may I ask a few questions? Is there an easy
>>> way to explore this for the presence of the Cryptography plugins?
>>> Which directory would be holding them on the filesystem? In which
>>> directory do we generate binding files? Which side of which is what?
>>>
>>> TYK, r

Re: [interrogative] CryptographyPlugins-eem.14

Robert Withers-2

The plugins.ext specifiess the Crypto plugins. My issue is that I cannot run mvm.

On 3/2/20 2:49 PM, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
Hi Robert,
yes, src/plugins holds the generated code from slang
platforms/* holds the external C code we want to bind to the VM (Cross platform or platform specific).

You should be looking at files build.linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur/plugins.int and plugin.ext which contains the list of internal and external plugins that will be compiled by mvm.

Le lun. 2 mars 2020 à 19:59, Robert <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Alright, now, I found these Crypto plugins. They are in src/plugins/! I
added them to the plugins.ext, in build.linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur, then
ran ./build/mvm. The result is some error with the c compiler on my
Ubuntu 18.04. Here tis:

[hidden email]

On 3/2/20 1:45 PM, Robert wrote:
> I ran VMMaker class>>#generateVMPlugins which include these
> CryptographyPlugins in the inclusions directory.
>
>    DESPlugin DSAPlugin MD5Plugin SHA256Plugin
>
> Those plugins are still absent from Cross/plugins and unix/plugins. I am
> stuck why they aren't being generated. I am on the Squeak Slack channel
> if anyone would like to collaborate.
>
> K, r
>
> On 3/2/20 1:32 PM, Robert wrote:
>> Alright, I see mvm in the build directory for
>> linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur/ and the internal and external plugin files
>> in linux64x64. Those files do not specify the CryptographyPlugins.
>>
>> Alright, so let us see if they are generated. I look in spur64src/ and
>> platforms/Cross/plugins and platforms/unix/plugins and in those
>> locations I do not find any CryptographyPlugins, many others though.
>>
>> My question becomes how can a generate external plugins with the
>> VMMaker for squeak.cog.spur?
>>
>> tyk, r
>>
>> On 3/2/20 1:09 PM, Robert wrote:
>>> I launched my new vmmaker image *yes* and I see that the
>>> CryptographyPlugins-eem.14 is loaded.  *AWESOME*
>>>
>>> I forget how to look at what Plugins are generated externally. Squeak
>>> Slack is fairly quiet, may I ask a few questions? Is there an easy
>>> way to explore this for the presence of the Cryptography plugins?
>>> Which directory would be holding them on the filesystem? In which
>>> directory do we generate binding files? Which side of which is what?
>>>
>>> TYK, r

Re: [interrogative] CryptographyPlugins-eem.14

Levente Uzonyi

On Mon, 2 Mar 2020, Robert wrote:

> Alright, now, I found these Crypto plugins. They are in src/plugins/! I
> added them to the plugins.ext, in build.linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur, then
> ran ./build/mvm. The result is some error with the c compiler on my
> Ubuntu 18.04. Here tis:
>
> quotar@ganymede:~/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/build.linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur/build$
> ./mvm
> clean? y
> /home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/spur64src
> /home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/src/plugins
> checking sanity of generated src directory... okay
> checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking target system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>
> Configuring Squeak  (.-) for x86_64-linux-gnu

> checking for gcc... clang
> checking whether the C compiler works... no
C compiler doesnt work. Some package must be missing.

> configure: error: in
> `/home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/build.linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur/build':
> See `config.log' for more details

What's in config.log?

Levente

> Grateful for assistance.
>
> tyk, r
>

> On 3/2/20 1:45 PM, Robert wrote:
>> I ran VMMaker class>>#generateVMPlugins which include these
>> CryptographyPlugins in the inclusions directory.
>>
>>    DESPlugin DSAPlugin MD5Plugin SHA256Plugin
>>
>> Those plugins are still absent from Cross/plugins and unix/plugins. I am
>> stuck why they aren't being generated. I am on the Squeak Slack channel
>> if anyone would like to collaborate.
>>
>> K, r
>>
>> On 3/2/20 1:32 PM, Robert wrote:
>>> Alright, I see mvm in the build directory for
>>> linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur/ and the internal and external plugin files
>>> in linux64x64. Those files do not specify the CryptographyPlugins.
>>>
>>> Alright, so let us see if they are generated. I look in spur64src/ and
>>> platforms/Cross/plugins and platforms/unix/plugins and in those
>>> locations I do not find any CryptographyPlugins, many others though.
>>>
>>> My question becomes how can a generate external plugins with the
>>> VMMaker for squeak.cog.spur?
>>>
>>> tyk, r

[error] compilation failing.... Re: [interrogative] CryptographyPlugins-eem.14

Robert Withers-2

Hey Levente, I managed to install the clang package and the files
started compiling. I ran into errors during the make phase. Here is the
config.log (https://www.dropbox.com/s/umi256f2g8dsdkj/config.log?dl=0)
and my make.log (https://www.dropbox.com/s/txf7xlgijonk8c7/make.log?dl=0).

tyk, r

On 3/2/20 3:29 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Mar 2020, Robert wrote:
>
>> Alright, now, I found these Crypto plugins. They are in src/plugins/! I
>> added them to the plugins.ext, in build.linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur, then
>> ran ./build/mvm. The result is some error with the c compiler on my
>> Ubuntu 18.04. Here tis:
>>
>> quotar@ganymede:~/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/build.linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur/build$
>> ./mvm
>> clean? y
>> /home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/spur64src
>> /home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/src/plugins
>> checking sanity of generated src directory... okay
>> checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>> checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>> checking target system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>>
>> Configuring Squeak  (.-) for x86_64-linux-gnu
>>
>> checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
>> checking for gcc... clang
>> checking whether the C compiler works... no
> C compiler doesnt work. Some package must be missing.
>
>> configure: error: in
>> `/home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/build.linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur/build':
>> configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
>> See `config.log' for more details
> What's in config.log?
>
> Levente
>
>> Grateful for assistance.
>>
>> tyk, r
>>

>> On 3/2/20 1:45 PM, Robert wrote:
>>> I ran VMMaker class>>#generateVMPlugins which include these
>>> CryptographyPlugins in the inclusions directory.
>>>
>>>     DESPlugin DSAPlugin MD5Plugin SHA256Plugin
>>>
>>> Those plugins are still absent from Cross/plugins and unix/plugins. I am
>>> stuck why they aren't being generated. I am on the Squeak Slack channel
>>> if anyone would like to collaborate.
>>>
>>> K, r

Re: [error] compilation failing.... Re: [interrogative] CryptographyPlugins-eem.14

Robert Withers-2

I installed all the packages from the script travis_install.sh. and
rebuilt. I am having fatal errors compiling vm/vm.a

/bin/bash
/home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/build.linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur/build/libtool
--preserve-dup-deps --mode=link clang -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -DDEBUGVM=0 -msse2
-DCOGMTVM=0 -Wall -pthread -DLSB_FIRST=1  -m64 -L/usr/local/lib
-Wl,-z,now   -export-dynamic -o squeak vm/vm.a
ADPCMCodecPlugin/ADPCMCodecPlugin.a AioPlugin/AioPlugin.a
AsynchFilePlugin/AsynchFilePlugin.a B2DPlugin/B2DPlugin.a
BitBltPlugin/BitBltPlugin.a BMPReadWriterPlugin/BMPReadWriterPlugin.a
CroquetPlugin/CroquetPlugin.a HostWindowPlugin/HostWindowPlugin.a
ZipPlugin/ZipPlugin.a DropPlugin/DropPlugin.a DSAPrims/DSAPrims.a
FFTPlugin/FFTPlugin.a FileCopyPlugin/FileCopyPlugin.a
FilePlugin/FilePlugin.a FloatArrayPlugin/FloatArrayPlugin.a
FloatMathPlugin/FloatMathPlugin.a IA32ABI/IA32ABI.a
JoystickTabletPlugin/JoystickTabletPlugin.a
JPEGReaderPlugin/JPEGReaderPlugin.a
JPEGReadWriter2Plugin/JPEGReadWriter2Plugin.a Klatt/Klatt.a
LargeIntegers/LargeIntegers.a Matrix2x3Plugin/Matrix2x3Plugin.a
MIDIPlugin/MIDIPlugin.a MiscPrimitivePlugin/MiscPrimitivePlugin.a
Mpeg3Plugin/Mpeg3Plugin.a RePlugin/RePlugin.a
SecurityPlugin/SecurityPlugin.a SerialPlugin/SerialPlugin.a
SocketPlugin/SocketPlugin.a SoundCodecPrims/SoundCodecPrims.a
SoundGenerationPlugin/SoundGenerationPlugin.a SoundPlugin/SoundPlugin.a
StarSqueakPlugin/StarSqueakPlugin.a SurfacePlugin/SurfacePlugin.a
VMProfileLinuxSupportPlugin/VMProfileLinuxSupportPlugin.a
disabledPlugins.o version.o -luuid -ldl -lutil -lpulse-simple -lasound
-ldl  -lm   vm/vm.a
libtool: link: clang -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -DDEBUGVM=0 -msse2 -DCOGMTVM=0
-Wall -pthread -DLSB_FIRST=1 -m64 -Wl,-z -Wl,now -o squeak
disabledPlugins.o version.o -Wl,--export-dynamic -L/usr/local/lib
[...]
VMProfileLinuxSupportPlugin/VMProfileLinuxSupportPlugin.a -luuid -ldl
-lutil -lpulse-simple -lasound -ldl -lm vm/vm.a -pthread
vm/vm.a(gcc3x-cointerp.o): In function `interpret':
/home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/spur64src/vm/gcc3x-cointerp.c:6036:
undefined reference to `sendBreakpointclassTag'
vm/vm.a(gcc3x-cointerp.o): In function `ceSendAborttonumArgs':
/home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/spur64src/vm/gcc3x-cointerp.c:14820:
undefined reference to `sendBreakpointclassTag'
/home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/spur64src/vm/gcc3x-cointerp.c:14820:
undefined reference to `sendBreakpointclassTag'
vm/vm.a(gcc3x-cointerp.o): In function `lookupMethodInClass':
/home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/spur64src/vm/gcc3x-cointerp.c:66867:
undefined reference to `sendBreakpointclassTag'
/home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/spur64src/vm/gcc3x-cointerp.c:66752:
undefined reference to `sendBreakpointclassTag'
vm/vm.a(gcc3x-cointerp.o):/home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/spur64src/vm/gcc3x-cointerp.c:14326:
more undefined references to `sendBreakpointclassTag' follow
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)
Makefile:176: recipe for target 'squeak' failed
make: *** [squeak] Error 1

On 3/2/20 4:03 PM, Robert wrote:

> Hey Levente, I managed to install the clang package and the files
> started compiling. I ran into errors during the make phase. Here is
> the config.log
> (https://www.dropbox.com/s/umi256f2g8dsdkj/config.log?dl=0) and my
> make.log (https://www.dropbox.com/s/txf7xlgijonk8c7/make.log?dl=0).
>
> tyk, r
>
> On 3/2/20 3:29 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
>> On Mon, 2 Mar 2020, Robert wrote:
>>
>>> Alright, now, I found these Crypto plugins. They are in src/plugins/! I
>>> added them to the plugins.ext, in build.linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur,
>>> then
>>> ran ./build/mvm. The result is some error with the c compiler on my
>>> Ubuntu 18.04. Here tis:
>>>
>>> quotar@ganymede:~/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/build.linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur/build$
>>>
>>> ./mvm
>>> clean? y
>>> /home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/spur64src
>>> /home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/src/plugins
>>> checking sanity of generated src directory... okay
>>> checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>>> checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>>> checking target system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>>>
>>> Configuring Squeak  (.-) for x86_64-linux-gnu
>>>
>>> checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
>>> checking for gcc... clang
>>> checking whether the C compiler works... no
>> C compiler doesnt work. Some package must be missing.
>>
>>> configure: error: in
>>> `/home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/build.linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur/build':
>>>
>>> configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
>>> See `config.log' for more details
>> What's in config.log?
>>
>> Levente
>>
>>> Grateful for assistance.
>>>
>>> tyk, r

Re: [error] compilation failing.... Re: [interrogative] CryptographyPlugins-eem.14

Robert Withers-2

Excuse me, this is a link error.

k, r

On 3/2/20 5:51 PM, Robert wrote:

> [...]
> more undefined references to `sendBreakpointclassTag' follow
> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
> invocation)
> Makefile:176: recipe for target 'squeak' failed
> make: *** [squeak] Error 1
>
> On 3/2/20 4:03 PM, Robert wrote:
>> Hey Levente, I managed to install the clang package and the files
>> started compiling. I ran into errors during the make phase. Here is
>> the config.log
>> (https://www.dropbox.com/s/umi256f2g8dsdkj/config.log?dl=0) and my
>> make.log (https://www.dropbox.com/s/txf7xlgijonk8c7/make.log?dl=0).
>>
>> tyk, r

>>> C compiler doesnt work. Some package must be missing.

>>> What's in config.log?
>>>
>>> Levente

Re: [error] compilation failing.... Re: [interrogative] CryptographyPlugins-eem.14

Tobias Pape

> [...]
> /home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/spur64src/vm/gcc3x-cointerp.c:14820:
> undefined reference to `sendBreakpointclassTag'
> /home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/spur64src/vm/gcc3x-cointerp.c:14820:
> undefined reference to `sendBreakpointclassTag'
> vm/vm.a(gcc3x-cointerp.o): In function `lookupMethodInClass':
> /home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/spur64src/vm/gcc3x-cointerp.c:66867:
> undefined reference to `sendBreakpointclassTag'
> /home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/spur64src/vm/gcc3x-cointerp.c:66752:
> undefined reference to `sendBreakpointclassTag'
> vm/vm.a(gcc3x-cointerp.o):/home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/spur64src/vm/gcc3x-cointerp.c:14326:
> more undefined references to `sendBreakpointclassTag' follow
> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
> invocation)
> Makefile:176: recipe for target 'squeak' failed

Something's fishy.
I don't see any reference to 'sendBreakpointclassTag' in that file on my end.
Given, there's some translation/macro magic, but not to much to miss that.

Can you give a `git diff` ?
Best regards
        -Tobias

> On 3/2/20 4:03 PM, Robert wrote:
>> Hey Levente, I managed to install the clang package and the files
>> started compiling. I ran into errors during the make phase. Here is
>> the config.log
>> (https://www.dropbox.com/s/umi256f2g8dsdkj/config.log?dl=0) and my
>> make.log (https://www.dropbox.com/s/txf7xlgijonk8c7/make.log?dl=0).
>>
>> tyk, r

>>> C compiler doesnt work. Some package must be missing.

>>> What's in config.log?
>>>
>>> Levente

Re: [error] compilation failing.... Re: [interrogative] CryptographyPlugins-eem.14

Robert Withers-2

Yes, here is a git diff of build.linux64x4/squeak.cog.spur/build

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y47lt935ma8sf9k/git.diff?dl=0

On 3/2/20 6:05 PM, Tobias Pape wrote:

> [...]
>> Makefile:176: recipe for target 'squeak' failed
>> make: *** [squeak] Error 1
> Something's fishy.
> I don't see any reference to 'sendBreakpointclassTag' in that file on my end.
> Given, there's some translation/macro magic, but not to much to miss that.
>
> Can you give a `git diff` ?
> Best regards
> -Tobias
>
>> On 3/2/20 4:03 PM, Robert wrote:
>>> Hey Levente, I managed to install the clang package and the files
>>> started compiling. I ran into errors during the make phase. Here is
>>> the config.log
>>> (https://www.dropbox.com/s/umi256f2g8dsdkj/config.log?dl=0) and my
>>> make.log (https://www.dropbox.com/s/txf7xlgijonk8c7/make.log?dl=0).
>>>
>>> tyk, r

Re: [error] compilation failing.... Re: [interrogative] CryptographyPlugins-eem.14

Hi

> On 03.03.2020, at 01:12, Robert <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yes, here is a git diff of build.linux64x4/squeak.cog.spur/build
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/y47lt935ma8sf9k/git.diff?dl=0

I do not know what changed between
        VMMaker.oscog-eem.2719 (which is the state of the repo)
and
        VMMaker.oscog-eem.2721 (which was used by you for generating)
But maybe try out loading the 2719 version an generate again?

Best regards
        -Tobias

> [...]
>>> vm/vm.a(gcc3x-cointerp.o): In function `lookupMethodInClass':
>>> /home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/spur64src/vm/gcc3x-cointerp.c:66867:
>>> undefined reference to `sendBreakpointclassTag'
>>> /home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/spur64src/vm/gcc3x-cointerp.c:66752:
>>> undefined reference to `sendBreakpointclassTag'
>>> vm/vm.a(gcc3x-cointerp.o):/home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/spur64src/vm/gcc3x-cointerp.c:14326:
>>> more undefined references to `sendBreakpointclassTag' follow
>>> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
>>> invocation)
>>> Makefile:176: recipe for target 'squeak' failed
>>> make: *** [squeak] Error 1
>> Something's fishy.
>> I don't see any reference to 'sendBreakpointclassTag' in that file on my end.
>> Given, there's some translation/macro magic, but not to much to miss that.

[solved] [plugins] compiling/linking 3 Crypto Plugins Re: [error] compilation failing.... Re: [interrogative] CryptographyPlugins-eem.14

Robert Withers-2

I loaded version 2719 of VMMaker and regenerated the vm and the plugins. The mvm script completed successfully and I have my 3 plugins for Crypto. There were no errors or warnings compiling these Crypto plugins, although they were written on a 32-bit system.

Here are the plugins: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yhv253rwrhq0q5p/AAB7PKP2KPiGpDnIyule2h_Ia?dl=0.

To test the plugin, I moved the 3 plugins to /usr/local/lib/Squeak-v5.3, where I have my installation of 5.3. I then selected CryptoDESTest>>#testDES and debugged it. Drilling down to where the plugin is attempted to be detected, in DES>>#encryptBlock: it calls self primPluginAvailable, which returns false. So, I find that the plugin was NOT detected, How can I explore which plugins are loaded?

tyk, r

[hidden email] ll bin/
total 11664
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root    4096 Mar  3 13:17 ./
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root    4096 Mar  3 13:15 ../
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  282340 Feb 28 12:07 B3DAcceleratorPlugin.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  173008 Feb 28 12:07 B3DAcceleratorPlugin.so*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   30016 Mar  3 13:17 DESPlugin.so*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  143400 Feb 28 12:07 FileAttributesPlugin.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   86771 Feb 28 12:07 FileAttributesPlugin.so*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   41526 Feb 28 12:07 ImmX11Plugin.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   32489 Feb 28 12:07 ImmX11Plugin.so*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   78364 Feb 28 12:07 LocalePlugin.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   53231 Feb 28 12:07 LocalePlugin.so*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   31984 Mar  3 13:17 MD5Plugin.so*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   26528 Mar  3 13:17 SHA256Plugin.so*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 7177580 Feb 28 12:07 squeak*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  283438 Feb 28 12:07 SqueakFFIPrims.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  145601 Feb 28 12:07 SqueakFFIPrims.so*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  350948 Feb 28 12:07 SqueakSSL.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  169007 Feb 28 12:07 SqueakSSL.so*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  215508 Feb 28 12:07 UnixOSProcessPlugin.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  142948 Feb 28 12:07 UnixOSProcessPlugin.so*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   33634 Feb 28 12:07 UUIDPlugin.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   28173 Feb 28 12:07 UUIDPlugin.so*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  287840 Feb 28 12:07 vm-display-fbdev.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  146620 Feb 28 12:07 vm-display-fbdev.so*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   38200 Feb 28 12:07 vm-display-null.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   33878 Feb 28 12:07 vm-display-null.so*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  724058 Feb 28 12:07 vm-display-X11.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  366451 Feb 28 12:07 vm-display-X11.so*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   99436 Feb 28 12:07 vm-sound-ALSA.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   73501 Feb 28 12:07 vm-sound-ALSA.so*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   50728 Feb 28 12:07 vm-sound-NAS.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   40673 Feb 28 12:07 vm-sound-NAS.so*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   18404 Feb 28 12:07 vm-sound-null.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   20961 Feb 28 12:07 vm-sound-null.so*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  144858 Feb 28 12:07 vm-sound-OSS.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  109361 Feb 28 12:07 vm-sound-OSS.so*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   63696 Feb 28 12:07 vm-sound-pulse.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   46940 Feb 28 12:07 vm-sound-pulse.so*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   36452 Feb 28 12:07 XDisplayControlPlugin.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   29883 Feb 28 12:07 XDisplayControlPlugin.so*

On 3/2/20 4:03 PM, Robert wrote:
Hey Levente, I managed to install the clang package and the files
started compiling. I ran into errors during the make phase. Here is
the config.log
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/umi256f2g8dsdkj/config.log?dl=0) and my
make.log (https://www.dropbox.com/s/txf7xlgijonk8c7/make.log?dl=0).

tyk, r

On 3/2/20 3:29 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
On Mon, 2 Mar 2020, Robert wrote:

C compiler doesnt work. Some package must be missing.

What's in config.log?

Levente

[ERROR] Crypto plugins not loading Re: [solved] [plugins] compiling/linking 3 Crypto Plugins Re: [error] compilation failing.... Re: [interrogative] CryptographyPlugins-eem.14

Robert Withers-2

I got a pointer from the slack channel to run Smalltalk>>#listLoadedModules.

Here are my results, no Crypto plugins loaded.#('B2DPlugin VMMaker.oscog-eem.2420 (i)'
'DSAPrims CryptographyPlugins-eem.12 (i)' 'UUIDPlugin VMMaker.oscog-eem.2347 (e)' '
BitBltPlugin VMMaker.oscog-eem.2461 (i)'
'SocketPlugin VMMaker.oscog-eem.2347 (i)'
'CroquetPlugin VMMaker.oscog-eem.2347 (i)' 'FilePlugin VMMaker.oscog-eem.2441 (i)'
'LargeIntegers v2.0 VMMaker.oscog-eem.2347 (i)'
'MiscPrimitivePlugin VMMaker.oscog-eem.2394 (i)'
'SecurityPlugin VMMaker.oscog-eem.2347 (i)')

On 3/2/20 4:03 PM, Robert wrote:
Hey Levente, I managed to install the clang package and the files
started compiling. I ran into errors during the make phase. Here is
the config.log
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/umi256f2g8dsdkj/config.log?dl=0) and my
make.log (https://www.dropbox.com/s/txf7xlgijonk8c7/make.log?dl=0).

tyk, r

On 3/2/20 3:29 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
On Mon, 2 Mar 2020, Robert wrote:

C compiler doesnt work. Some package must be missing.

What's in config.log?

Levente

[SEGFAULT] Running Cryptography tests in a 5.3 vmmaker image Re: [ERROR] Crypto plugins not loading Re: [solved] [plugins] compiling/linking 3 Crypto Plugins Re: [error] compilation failing.... Re: [interrogative] CryptographyPlugins-eem.14

Robert Withers-2

Lots of calls to #primPluginAvailable, trying to test new Crypto Plugins, which are present in the squeak/bin.

k, r

Here's the dump:

quotar@ganymede:~/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/image$ ../products/sqcogspur64linuxht/bin/squeak Spur64VMMaker.image &
[3] 15664
quotar@ganymede:~/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/image$
Segmentation fault Tue Mar  3 16:35:24 2020

/home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/products/sqcogspur64linuxht/lib/squeak/5.0-202003012233/squeak
Squeak VM version: 5.0-202003012233  Tue Mar  3 13:06:52 EST 2020 clang [Production Spur 64-bit VM]
Built from: CoInterpreter VMMaker.oscog-eem.2719 uuid: e40f3e94-3a54-411b-9613-5d19114ea131 Mar  3 2020
With: StackToRegisterMappingCogit VMMaker.oscog-eem.2719 uuid: e40f3e94-3a54-411b-9613-5d19114ea131 Mar  3 2020
Revision: VM: 202003012233 quotar@ganymede:tribe/opensmalltalk-vm
Date: Sun Mar 1 23:33:40 2020 CommitHash: 1861db582
Plugins: 202003012233 quotar@ganymede:tribe/opensmalltalk-vm
Build host: Linux ganymede 5.3.0-40-generic #32~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Mon Feb 3 14:05:59 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
plugin path: ../products/sqcogspur64linuxht/bin/../lib/squeak/5.0-202003012233 [default: /home/quotar/tribe/opensmalltalk-vm/products/sqcogspur64linuxht/lib/squeak/5.0-202003012233/]

C stack backtrace & registers:
    rax 0x3a270421 rbx 0x07b00008 rcx 0x00000030 rdx 0x00000010
    rdi 0x00000000 rsi 0x00000001 rbp 0x01f43d80 rsp 0x7ffe1c501130
    r8  0x011e0160 r9  0xffffffffffffff r10 0x00000001 r11 0x020e78e0
    r12 0x00fffff0 r13 0x00001599 r14 0x00000001 r15 0x00000028
    rip 0x0047c5c0
*../products/sqcogspur64linuxht/bin/../lib/squeak/5.0-202003012233/squeak[0x47c5c0]
../products/sqcogspur64linuxht/bin/../lib/squeak/5.0-202003012233/squeak[0x41af1d]
../products/sqcogspur64linuxht/bin/../lib/squeak/5.0-202003012233/squeak[0x41ce8a]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0x12890)[0x7f05553b8890]
../products/sqcogspur64linuxht/bin/../lib/squeak/5.0-202003012233/squeak[0x47c5c0]
../products/sqcogspur64linuxht/bin/../lib/squeak/5.0-202003012233/squeak[0x464c51]
[0x17a81ad]
[0x0]

Smalltalk stack dump:
    0x7ffe1c521040 M DES class(Behavior)>new 0x636e010: a(n) DES class
    0x7ffe1c521070 M TripleDES>initialize 0x1f43d38: a(n) TripleDES
    0x7ffe1c5210a0 M TripleDES class(Behavior)>new 0x636e520: a(n) TripleDES class
    0x7ffe1c5210d0 M TripleDES class>new 0x636e520: a(n) TripleDES class
    0x7ffe1c521100 M TripleDES class(BlockCipher class)>key: 0x636e520: a(n) TripleDES class
    0x7ffe1c521138 M [] in KeyHolder>key 0x1964758: a(n) KeyHolder
    0x7ffe1c521180 I BlockClosure>on:do: 0x1965868: a(n) BlockClosure
    0x7ffe1c51f108 I KeyHolder>key 0x1964758: a(n) KeyHolder
    0x7ffe1c51f150 I [] in KeyHolder>randomChangeLoop 0x1964758: a(n) KeyHolder
    0x7ffe1c51f190 I [] in BlockClosure>newProcess 0x1964730: a(n) BlockClosure

Most recent primitives
primPluginAvailable
primPluginAvailable
primTransform:using:
primPluginAvailable
primPluginAvailable
primTransform:using:
findNextHandlerContextStarting
tempAt:
tempAt:
tempAt:put:
tempAt:
stackp:
tempAt:put:
findNextUnwindContextUpTo:
tempAt:
tempAt:put:
tempAt:
terminateTo:
tempAt:put:
findNextUnwindContextUpTo:
terminateTo:
stackp:
at:put:
at:
stackp:
primPluginAvailable
primPluginAvailable
atAllPut:
primCookKey:mode:to:
[...]
basicNew

stack page bytes 8192 available headroom 5576 minimum unused headroom 5936

    (Segmentation fault)

On 3/2/20 4:03 PM, Robert wrote:
Hey Levente, I managed to install the clang package and the files
started compiling. I ran into errors during the make phase. Here is
the config.log
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/umi256f2g8dsdkj/config.log?dl=0) and my
make.log (https://www.dropbox.com/s/txf7xlgijonk8c7/make.log?dl=0).

tyk, r

On 3/2/20 3:29 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
On Mon, 2 Mar 2020, Robert wrote:

C compiler doesnt work. Some package must be missing.

What's in config.log?

Levente

Re: [SEGFAULT] Running Cryptography tests in a 5.3 vmmaker image Re: [ERROR] Crypto plugins not loading Re: [solved] [plugins] compiling/linking 3 Crypto Plugins Re: [error] compilation failing.... Re: [interrogative] CryptographyPlugins-eem.14

Robert Withers-2

I have updated Cryptography to be successful with DateAndTime, all green. The latest version of Cryptography is

Cryptography-v5.3-rww.118

This exposed two more issues. A) First, the #testDESCBC is now failing. B) CryptoRC2Test is now seg-faulting the vm.

k, r

On 3/3/20 4:40 PM, Robert wrote:

[...]

Levente

Re: [SEGFAULT] Running Cryptography tests: DESCBC is failing and CryptoRC2Test causes a seg-fault..

Robert Withers-2

I confirmed that the Crypto plugins are loading..Still DESCBC is failing and CryptoRC2Test causes a seg-fault..

Smalltalk listLoadedModules
 #('DESPlugin CryptographyPlugins-eem.14 (e)'
'MD5Plugin CryptographyPlugins-eem.14 (e)'
'SHA256Plugin CryptographyPlugins-eem.14 (e)'
'DSAPrims CryptographyPlugins-eem.14 (i)'
'B2DPlugin VMMaker.oscog-eem.2721 (i)'
'UUIDPlugin VMMaker.oscog-eem.2721 (e)'
'UnixOSProcessPlugin VMConstruction-Plugins-OSProcessPlugin.oscog-dtl.67 (e)'
'BitBltPlugin VMMaker.oscog-eem.2721 (i)'
 'SocketPlugin VMMaker.oscog-eem.2721 (i)'
'CroquetPlugin VMMaker.oscog-eem.2721 (i)'
'FilePlugin VMMaker.oscog-eem.2721 (i)' '
LargeIntegers v2.0 VMMaker.oscog-eem.2721 (i)'
 'MiscPrimitivePlugin VMMaker.oscog-eem.2721 (i)'
'SecurityPlugin VMMaker.oscog-eem.2721 (i)')