keeping the image current: lost in packages

keeping the image current: lost in packages

espin
Hi all,
I am trying to have a Croquet image current with at least
Homebase, Tweak and hedgehogRC repositories.
I am starting from the universal.zip distribution.

Apart from the problem I already mentioned in [1] I succeeded
with the first two, but I have no idea about hedgehogRC repository
despite various attemts.
Following the instructions as in [2] and [3], does not work
once you are thru hedgehogRC.
I also tried to load install from there without success: I get an all
bunch of exceptions.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Bye
Enrico
PS: later on when/if I'll get thru hedgehogRC I will tackle
the Contributions repository...

Re: keeping the image current: lost in packages

espin
forgot the links, sorry

[1] <https://lists.duke.edu/sympa/arc/croquet-dev/2007-02/msg00121.html>
[2] <http://www.croquetproject.org/index.php/Keeping_Image_Current>
[3] <https://lists.duke.edu/sympa/arc/croquet-dev/2006-09/msg00046.html>

On 2/16/07, Enrico Spinielli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am trying to have a Croquet image current with at least
> Homebase, Tweak and hedgehogRC repositories.
> I am starting from the universal.zip distribution.
>
> Apart from the problem I already mentioned in [1] I succeeded
> with the first two, but I have no idea about hedgehogRC repository
> despite various attemts.
> Following the instructions as in [2] and [3], does not work
> once you are thru hedgehogRC.
> I also tried to load install from there without success: I get an all
> bunch of exceptions.
>
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks in advance
> Bye
> Enrico
> PS: later on when/if I'll get thru hedgehogRC I will tackle
> the Contributions repository...

Re: keeping the image current: lost in packages

Howard Stearns
Re: Islands-ar.41.
This package version is really designed to be used when building an image from
scratch. There's a ChangeSet at http://bugs.impara.de/squeak/view.php?id=5709
that has the same code, but an additional script that resets the default
(Squeak) Island when used in a previously built image.  Here is the relevant
code, which you can just evaluate in a Workspace of an existing image:
   Island classPool at: #Default put: nil.

Re: updating in general.
The Collaborative is really not set up for providing lots of downloads, and it
cannot be a substitute for the forthcoming Consortium release. But I can't stand
the idea of people wasting time wrestling with a bunch of Monticello package
http://www.croquetcollaborative.org

-Howard

--
Howard Stearns