last call for items to mention in the "State of Squeak" talk at FOSDEM 2013

last call for items to mention in the "State of Squeak" talk at FOSDEM 2013

ccrraaiigg

Hi all--

     I'll be giving an overview of the state of the Squeak project on at
the FOSDEM conference in Brussels on Sunday. Please let me know of
anything you'd like to mention! Or rather, since time is short, please
let us all know, by using this thread.

     thanks again!

-C

--
Craig Latta
www.netjam.org/resume

Re: last call for items to mention in the "State of Squeak" talk at FOSDEM 2013

timrowledge

On 31-01-2013, at 2:10 PM, Craig Latta <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please let me know of
> anything you'd like to mention!

Pi!

tim
Oxymorons: New classic

Re: last call for items to mention in the "State of Squeak" talk at FOSDEM 2013

David T. Lewis
On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:10:59PM +0100, Craig Latta wrote:

> Hi all--
>
>      I'll be giving an overview of the state of the Squeak project on at
> the FOSDEM conference in Brussels on Sunday. Please let me know of
> anything you'd like to mention! Or rather, since time is short, please
> let us all know, by using this thread.

A 64-bit object version of the latest Squeak is now available from
http://squeakci.org/job/Squeak%2064-bit%20image/ and can be run with a
standard interpreter VM from squeakvm.org
http://squeakvm.org/unix/release/Squeak-4.10.2.2614_64bit-linux_x86_64.tar.gz

The 64-bit object memory and VM were developed by Dan Ingalls and Ian Piumarta,
see http://squeakvm.org/squeak64/ for background.

Dave

re: last call for items to mention in the "State of Squeak" talk at FOSDEM 2013

ccrraaiigg

> Pi!

     Yeah! Would you be up for sending a little movie of what you've got?

     I'd love to show any demo movies and screencasts that folks would
like to send my way.

     thanks again,

-C

On 31-01-2013, at 7:08 PM, Craig Latta <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Pi!
>
>     Yeah! Would you be up for sending a little movie of what you've got?

Hmm. I'll see if I can find any way of making a screen-cap movie on RISC OS.

tim
Useful random insult:- Full of wisdumb.

re: last call for items to mention in the "State of Squeak" talk at FOSDEM 2013

Jeff Gonis-2
You should to give that section of your talk a title something like "Pi has Life" or "Life in Pi", etc, etc!

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 9:30 PM, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 31-01-2013, at 7:08 PM, Craig Latta <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Pi!
>
>     Yeah! Would you be up for sending a little movie of what you've got?

Hmm. I'll see if I can find any way of making a screen-cap movie on RISC OS.
Useful random insult:- Full of wisdumb.

Re: last call for items to mention in the "State of Squeak" talk at FOSDEM 2013

Frank Shearar-3
Don't forget that squeakci.org is now build.squeak.org.

frank

On 01 Feb 2013, at 0:49, "David T. Lewis" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:10:59PM +0100, Craig Latta wrote:
>>
>> Hi all--
>>
>>     I'll be giving an overview of the state of the Squeak project on at
>> the FOSDEM conference in Brussels on Sunday. Please let me know of
>> anything you'd like to mention! Or rather, since time is short, please
>> let us all know, by using this thread.
>>

> A 64-bit object version of the latest Squeak is now available from
> http://squeakci.org/job/Squeak%2064-bit%20image/ and can be run with a
> standard interpreter VM from squeakvm.org
> http://squeakvm.org/unix/release/Squeak-4.10.2.2614_64bit-linux_x86_64.tar.gz
>
> The 64-bit object memory and VM were developed by Dan Ingalls and Ian Piumarta,
> see http://squeakvm.org/squeak64/ for background.
>
> Dave

Re: last call for items to mention in the "State of Squeak" talk at FOSDEM 2013

John McKeon

On Thursday, January 31, 2013, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 31-01-2013, at 7:08 PM, Craig Latta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>> Pi!
>>
>>     Yeah! Would you be up for sending a little movie of what you've got?
>
> Hmm. I'll see if I can find any way of making a screen-cap movie on RISC OS.

Maybe a smartphone video of the macine itself? You may have already thought of that, but I, for one, would really like to see the hardware as well. You know, for perspective ;)

John

> tim
> Useful random insult:- Full of wisdumb.

--