ld error when compiling the unix VM on Mac

ld error when compiling the unix VM on Mac

Mathieu SUEN

Hi,

When I conpilecthe VM on Mac using the unix source I got a linker error:

/bin/sh /Users/mathk/Desktop/Squeak/VMExupery/build/libtool --
mode=link gcc -g -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -DLSB_FIRST=1    -export-
dynamic -R/usr/local/lib -o squeak vm/vm.a ExuperyPlugin/
ExuperyPlugin.a disabledPlugins.o version.o -lm  -framework
CoreFoundation -framework CoreServices  vm/vm.a
gcc -g -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -DLSB_FIRST=1 -o squeak
disabledPlugins.o version.o -framework CoreFoundation -framework
CoreServices  vm/vm.a ExuperyPlugin/ExuperyPlugin.a -lm vm/vm.a
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_ioSetCursorARGB

gcc : 4.0.1

Thanks for helps

        Mth

Re: ld error when compiling the unix VM on Mac

johnmci

That would be the large cursor support for OLPC
via either

isSetCursorARGB.c
//RGBA cursor support for X11 by Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]>
//gcc ioSetCursorARGB.c -o ioSetCursorARGB -lX11 -lXrender -
DHAVE_XRENDER

or

NSCursorWrappers.m

There may be two versions, one I created for the mac carbon VM, and
one Ian was using, mind I'm not sure if Ian's is accessible?

/*
  *  NSCursorWrappers.m
  *  SqueakVMUNIXPATHS
  *
  *  Created by John M McIntosh on 4/26/07.
  *  Copyright 2007 Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd All rights
reserved.
  *  Licensed under the Squeak-L, and MIT license
  *
  */

  /* Some parts.
  *
  * Author: Ian Piumarta <[hidden email]>
  *
  *   Copyright (C) 1996-2005 by Ian Piumarta and other authors/
contributors
  *                              listed elsewhere in this file.

On Aug 31, 2007, at 2:16 PM, Mathieu Suen wrote:

> ioSetCursorARGB

===
John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>
===