legacy#2

1 message Options

legacy#2

Paul Sheldon-2
I had, long ago, become fascinated with external calls because I wanted
to develope in growing languages without being at war with those who had
"already built their code" and now wanted everybody else to use it
defending the meaningfulness of having lived a life . I remember my
excitement at getting modula or pascal to take on the other's procedures
with external calls . This discovery had not a textbook but a wonderful
folklore intuitive color to it . I had learned to use an ide that well
intuitively .

I wanted, instead of war, to connect ; connect via an external truth .

If I could show the new technology, then I wouldn't offend the older
invested research because they hadn't the technology to go as far as I
could . I wasn't comparing myself to them offensively but rather
comparing times .

With a child, if I could point to an external reference in a math
textbook, then my teaching math wouldn't become a battle of egos that he
would be terrified to lose all the time because of my 17 years of
graduate school, but rather a mutual exploration of an external truth .
I find it hard to believe in philosopher kinds myself . I wasn't going
to force him to belief, especially since I had missed the big picture,
the mission couldn't afford external textbooks and his father was very
sick .