load type at package level?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Does it make sense to have specific loadType not only at project level but maybe at group/package level?

Suppose I don't want ALL the packages and ALL the groups of a Conf to be loaded in an atomic nor lineal way, But for example, for an specific package (which has requires) or group, I would like to load with an specific load type. Then I could do something like this:

    package: 'OB-Standard' with: [
                spec
                    requires: #('OmniBrowser' 'OB-Morphic' );
                    postLoadDoIt: #postLoadOBStandard ];
                    loadType: #atomic

I really don't need it....I was just thinking if it makes sense or not.

Cheers

Mariano

Re: load type at package level?

Dale Henrichs
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Does it make sense to have specific loadType not only at project level
> but maybe at group/package level?
>
> Suppose I don't want ALL the packages and ALL the groups of a Conf to be
> loaded in an atomic nor lineal way, But for example, for an specific
> package (which has requires) or group, I would like to load with an
> specific load type. Then I could do something like this:
>
>     package: 'OB-Standard' with: [
>                 spec
>                     requires: #('OmniBrowser' 'OB-Morphic' );
>                     postLoadDoIt: #postLoadOBStandard ];
>                     loadType: #atomic
>
> I really don't need it....I was just thinking if it makes sense or not.
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano
Mariano,

I would be inclined to wait for a real world use case where it was
needed....

Dale