Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
Hi all,

I would like to create some kind of artistic project on Pharo/Squeak.
The idea is to make some images appear and vanish slowly after a while.
Browsing the net I have found this code on pharo to change the background:

|form|
form := (Form fromBinaryStream: (HTTPSocket httpGet:
     'http://ubuntu.ecchi.ca/wallpapers/10.04/' ,
'Maraetaibeforesunrise.jpg')).
World backgroundImage: form layout: #scaled

and I imagine that something similar is needed to load any image from
Internet or hard disk changing the path and making it appear on the
screen. I have tried this:

x := ImageMorph new.
x image: (Form fromFileNamed: '/home/offray/Temp/myFile.png').
x openInWorld.

and is working, but I can get the halos on this image on pharo using
Ctrl + Shif + Click on Pharo, but is not working. So I have 3 questions:

1. There is any way to get halos on the image by coding instead of
clicking on it?

2. Can I use alpha channels to make the loaded image fade after a while
once it appeared?

3. I'm using Pharo one click image. There is any way to use the local
paths of the image to load some images and load some others from the
Internet? The idea is to distribute the small artistic project in this way.

This is trying to be a weekend newbie project, to show to my interactive
art teacher, so any quick help would be really appreciated (first I was
trying to get the idea, and the using Etoys, so now I'm on pharo, hoping
to make this work easily).

Thanks,

Offray

Re: [squeakland] loading and image file and making vanish after a while

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
Hi Ricardo,

El 26/04/11 10:37, Ricardo Moran escribió:

> Hi Offray,
>
> Regarding fading images I think you'll find this useful:
> http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/cs2340/4278.
>
> The example there works fine in Squeak but I couldn't make it work in Etoys
> yet. It's possibly a BitBlt bug but I haven't checked further.
>
> Cheers,
> Richo

Thanks a lot. It seems realy close to what I was looking for. Yerterday
the dead line for submissions of our interactive art project were
closed, so I decided to send a "Digital Distopia: a biography of an
unfinished project" as my project. Is in Spanish, so you can check it here:

http://ur1.ca/40sxq

The future explorations posted in the article are now the way to go :-).

Thanks,

Offray