KiranMutt
Hi,
     When i try to load mp3,mpg format in KAT demo, from New->From File.., i end up with an error saying
    'Error:Invalid utf8 input detected'.
     These are all supported media formats as mentioned in KMedia class.

     But it works for jpg and other similar file formats.

   Thanks for any help.

Kiran

Re: loading files in KAT demo

Howard Stearns
Sounds like we're missing a #binary somewhere.

Have a look at the path that KStandardHarness>>dropFile: takes versus
vs. KMenuBar>>actionNewFromFile (through
KStandardHarness>>promptForStream).  I imagine that sending
someStream binary in the right place will ensure that either path works.

This is a particularly good opportunity to get familiar with http://
bugs.impara.de/squeak/ and post a solution. (Project=Croquet,
Catagory=Hedgehog).