location of source code repositories updated on the wiki

location of source code repositories updated on the wiki

Mark P. McCahill-2
I just realized (to my horror) that on the croquet wiki there was no
clearly visible way to locate jabberwocky - the unstable/development
branch of the codebase. This was an unfortunate side effect that
happened when a server had a bad disk and had to be moved. Anyway, I
just updated this wiki page:

http://croquetproject.org/index.php/
Downloads#Croquet_Source_Code_Repositories

so it should now be easy to find the new stuff. I'm planning to put
up prebuilt iamges with the current patches applied as well, for
those that don't want to have fun with monticello - I should get to
that in the next day or so.

Re: location of source code repositories updated on the wiki

Jan Stolzenburg
Hello,

The "jabberwocky" repository is not mentioned on the wiki page
"Keeping Image Current". Is this intentionally?
Also, it would help a bit if there is mentioned that you have to add
"http://jabberwocky.croquetproject.org:8889/homebase" and not just
"http://jabberwocky.croquetproject.org:8889/" if you want to update
with monticello. This could be mentioned at
"http://jabberwocky.croquetproject.org:8889/" itself or on the wiki
page "Downloads".

Is this the right place for this comment, or should I use the
"user"-list next time? (If you use "devel", I reply to "devel", or?)

Jan Stolzenburg

On Jun 28, 2007, at 4:29 PM, Jan Stolzenburg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The "jabberwocky" repository is not mentioned on the wiki page
> "Keeping Image Current". Is this intentionally?

sort of. Jabberwocky is the next release, and is is advertised as
an unstable, development version. This is why we have two different
source code repositories - one for Hedgehog and one for Jabberwocky.
That said, the documentation of all this could be a lot clearer - and
on my list of things to do is keep a current pair of patched images
available for people who don't want to mess with monticello.

> Also, it would help a bit if there is mentioned that you have to add
> "http://jabberwocky.croquetproject.org:8889/homebase" and not just
> "http://jabberwocky.croquetproject.org:8889/" if you want to update
> with monticello. This could be mentioned at
> "http://jabberwocky.croquetproject.org:8889/" itself or on the wiki
> page "Downloads".

good point.

> Is this the right place for this comment, or should I use the
> "user"-list next time? (If you use "devel", I reply to "devel", or?)

this seems like a reasonable place to me.