lock default behaviour

Guillermo Polito
Hi all,

While using lock, I'm having the following warning:

*** Warning: Warning: LOCK ENFORCED: Attempt to 'load with conflicts' new project: 'BaselineOf... [baseline] from github://...' when existing project: 'BaselineOf... [baseline] from filetree://../src' is locked. New project not loaded. Use #onLock: to intercept.

What is the default behaviour if I do not use #onLock:? I was checking in here [1] but that part is not documented.

Also, it seems that post-load hooks are not being executed if I lock my package and I don't use #onLock:. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Guille

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Web: http://guillep.github.io

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: lock default behaviour

Dale Henrichs-3

On 8/16/17 2:07 AM, Guillermo Polito wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> While using lock, I'm having the following warning:
>
> *** Warning: Warning: LOCK ENFORCED: Attempt to 'load with conflicts'
> new project: 'BaselineOf... [baseline] from github://...' when
> existing project: 'BaselineOf... [baseline] from filetree://../src' is
> locked. New project not loaded. Use #onLock: to intercept.
This warning is just informing you that the LOCK is ENFORCED ... this
makes are record in the Transcript so that it is clear to someone (like
me) that a lock is involved...

> What is the default behaviour if I do not use #onLock:? I was checking
> in here [1] but that part is not documented.
The default behavior is to enforce a lock  --- if you don't use onLock
--- historically onLock: was required to enforce the lock, but now the
default is to enforce locks ... you would only use onLock to manage
conditional locks or something needs to be customized ...

> Also, it seems that post-load hooks are not being executed if I lock
> my package and I don't use #onLock:. Is that correct?
That doesn't sound right ... I'd have to see an example ... you
can/should use the lock command before loading the project ... it sounds
to me that perhaps you've already loaded the project?

Dale