looking for an admin for the squeak-beginners mailing-lisyt

looking for an admin for the squeak-beginners mailing-lisyt

stéphane ducasse-2
hi all

my plate is quite full right now and I would like to pass the
adminstration of the beginner mailing-list to someone else.
Please let me know if one of you in interested.

Re: looking for an admin for the squeak-beginners mailing-lisyt

Bob Courchaine
stéphane ducasse wrote:
 > my plate is quite full right now and I would like to pass the
> adminstration of the beginner mailing-list to someone else.
> Please let me know if one of you in interested.

What are the duties, Stef?

It's a non-moderated list, isn't it?

Bob

On 7 mai 06, at 16:06, Bob Courchaine wrote:

> stéphane ducasse wrote:
>> my plate is quite full right now and I would like to pass the
>> adminstration of the beginner mailing-list to someone else.
>> Please let me know if one of you in interested.
>
> What are the duties, Stef?

Removing the pending mail sent from people not in the list.

> It's a non-moderated list, isn't it?

I passed the baby to giovanno already
But it may be good to be two, so let me know if you want

Stef

> Bob

Re: looking for an admin for the squeak-beginners mailing-lisyt

Giovanni Corriga
Il giorno dom, 07/05/2006 alle 16.30 +0200, stéphane ducasse ha scritto:
> On 7 mai 06, at 16:06, Bob Courchaine wrote:
> > What are the duties, Stef?
>
> Removing the pending mail sent from people not in the list.
>
> > It's a non-moderated list, isn't it?

The work is basically housekeeping. The list is moderated for those not
subscribed, so all you need to do is keep an eye for messages from
"outsiders" looking for non-spam messages to approve immediately, and
periodically cleaning the pending messages list (I usually clean it when
I have ~50 messages). You get a daily reminder with all the details, so
you don't have to worry about remembering checking it.

> I passed the baby to giovanno already
> But it may be good to be two, so let me know if you want

Sure, help is always welcome ;)
By the way, Stef, I've added myself but I still haven't removed you ;-)

        Giovanni

On 7 mai 06, at 16:41, Giovanni Corriga wrote:

> Il giorno dom, 07/05/2006 alle 16.30 +0200, stéphane ducasse ha
> scritto:
>> On 7 mai 06, at 16:06, Bob Courchaine wrote:
>>> What are the duties, Stef?
>>
>> Removing the pending mail sent from people not in the list.
>>
>>> It's a non-moderated list, isn't it?
>
> The work is basically housekeeping. The list is moderated for those
> not
> subscribed, so all you need to do is keep an eye for messages from
> "outsiders" looking for non-spam messages to approve immediately, and
> periodically cleaning the pending messages list (I usually clean it
> when
> I have ~50 messages). You get a daily reminder with all the
> details, so
> you don't have to worry about remembering checking it.
>
>> I passed the baby to giovanno already
>> But it may be good to be two, so let me know if you want
>
> Sure, help is always welcome ;)
> By the way, Stef, I've added myself but I still haven't removed
> you ;-)

Good.
I let you add bob if he is willing to help.