mac carbon vm 3.8.12b5 pending

johnmci
I've posted a 3.8.12b5 VM found via

http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html

This VM includes a small change to enable a developer to point to a
framework bundle that exists
in the applications resource folder to enable the override of a
system framework. This change was
required for Croquet users who need to use an OpenAL.framework that
is newer than the one Apple
ships in OS-X 10.4.6

Likely the Croquet folks will post a VM with the approved
OpenAL.framework on their site in some
point in the future. This VM does not include an OpenAL.framework.

===
John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]> 1-800-477-2659
===

Re: mac carbon vm 3.8.12b5 pending

Mark P. McCahill
Thanks John!

A copy of the 3.8.12b5 VM for the Macintosh that includes an
OpenAL framework compiled from the latest OpenAL development
branch can be found at

http://hedgehog.software.umn.edu/croquet/Hedgehog/install/
Squeak3.8.12beta5UwithOpenAL.zip

This fixes a problem where Croquet worlds with OpenAL sounds
crash intermittently on Intel-flavored Macs, but work everywhere
else. The crash seems to be caused by a bug in the OpenAL libraries
that Apple is currently shipping with MacOS. We are not the only
ones seeing this problem, see
    http://www.idevgames.com/forum/showthread.php?p=114850