mailing list/ forum link

Ken G. Brown
Hi,

I think it is great that you have set things up so that people who prefer the mailing list format can still have it and those that prefer the forum format can also have that. I personally find the forum format way inferior and keep all my emails for quick local searching. Even tho the forum format does not work at all for me, I know others seem to prefer the forum.

Might you share which software and hardware you are using to accomplish this?

Thx,
Ken G. Brown

At 8:24 AM -0700 7/9/09, [hidden email] apparently wrote:

>Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 08:57:14 -0400
>From: "teefal" <[hidden email]>
>Subject: [squeakland] browse archives on the forum
>To: [hidden email]
>
>Hi everyone,
>
>I just imported the squeakland mailing list archives into the squeakland forum, which is a much nicer way of browsing old posts.  You can also search, which is quite nice.
>
>http://forums.squeakland.org
>
>Be sure to make an account on the forums with the same email address you use to get the mailing list so that your posts get linked together.
>
>Tim

Re: mailing list/ forum link

Timothy Falconer-3
Ken,

I used ...

* phpbb2 for the forums (not phpbb3)

* mail2forum for the synchronizing (requires phpbb2)

* mailman for the mailing lists

Take care,
Tim

Re: mailing list/ forum link