making directory available online

Navodit Kaushik
Hi

I have a directory containing many files which I want to be able to access over the internet. Ideally I would like this directory to be put up in my squeaksource.com project repository and then anyone having internet access should be able to connect to this directory and retrieve data from the files therein. I am not sure how to go about this in Squeak. Any suggestions?

Navodit

Finding fabulous fares is fun.

Re: making directory available online

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 4/9/07 6:37 PM, "Navodit Kaushik" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Hi
>
> I have a directory containing many files which I want to be able to access
> over the internet. Ideally I would like this directory to be put up in my
> squeaksource.com project repository and then anyone having internet access
> should be able to connect to this directory and retrieve data from the files
> therein. I am not sure how to go about this in Squeak. Any suggestions?
>
> Navodit

You must load Comanche and change the ModDir example to your needs.
And could use your own user / pass and port for nobody except you could
access your files.

I using for let people could listen tango in mp3 , look picts, etc.

Edgar

Re: making directory available online

Navodit Kaushik
The ModDir example helps set up a file server on the machine on which the example code is run. How can I set up a file server on a machine over the internet? For example on the squeaksource.com project page that I have? Thanks

"Edgar J. De Cleene" <[hidden email]> wrote:

El 4/9/07 6:37 PM, "Navodit Kaushik" escribió:

> Hi
>
> I have a directory containing many files which I want to be able to access
> over the internet. Ideally I would like this directory to be put up in my
> squeaksource.com project repository and then anyone having internet access
> should be able to connect to this directory and retrieve data from the files
> therein. I am not sure how to go about this in Squeak. Any suggestions?
>
> Navodit

You must load Comanche and change the ModDir example to your needs.
And could use your own user / pass and port for nobody except you could
access your files.

I using for let people could listen tango in mp3 , look picts, etc.

Edgar

with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.

El 4/9/07 7:37 PM, "Navodit Kaushik" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> The ModDir example helps set up a file server on the machine on which the
> example code is run. How can I set up a file server on a machine over the
> internet? For example on the squeaksource.com project page that I have? Thanks

squeaksource.com is for people could store his projects in Monticello format
and for nothing more.

Maybe you need some commercial server what have free access as possibility ?
You need Squeak running remote or only a place for storing things ?

Today my IP is 200.127.242.98
For reaching from web I have http://www.squeakros.net.tf

Some of the links in the first (in Spanish) .htm page redirect to a running
special Squeak image.

People could  reach direct also
at 200.127.242.98:8085 you could see what I have running Comanche, HttpView2
and Seaside and demos of viewing remote photos and the MathMophs directory
what I share with Milan and other people when we working on it

In past my ISP provides fix Ip and now I must check for if they change and
actualize the info for web access.

Exist free programs for doing this automatic also.

Edgar