marking a package as installed

Aidan Gauland
Hello,

  I've been trying to install Baloon3D, and I'm stuck on the package VMmaker.
  I can't get it with my slow dial-up connection, because the server keeps
disconnecting me after a while, so I had somebody with a high-speed Internet
connection get it for me.  Now when I install it with Monticello, the Universe
Browser doesn't know that it's installed, and tries to get it anyway (because
it's a dependency of Baloon3D).

  Is there a way I can mark VMmaker as installed for the Universe Browser?

Thanks,
Aidan

Re: marking a package as installed

Michael van der Gulik-2

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Aidan Gauland <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

 I've been trying to install Baloon3D, and I'm stuck on the package VMmaker.  I can't get it with my slow dial-up connection, because the server keeps disconnecting me after a while, so I had somebody with a high-speed Internet connection get it for me.  Now when I install it with Monticello, the Universe Browser doesn't know that it's installed, and tries to get it anyway (because it's a dependency of Baloon3D).

 Is there a way I can mark VMmaker as installed for the Universe Browser?

I've never been able to download packages within Squeak over a 56k connection; there's some bug in HTTPSocket. What I normally do is find the URL in SqueakMap or Universes, download the packages using wget or Firefox, and install it manually.

Gulik.

--
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/mikevdg
http://gulik.pbwiki.com/