more info please about apache license and squeak

more info please about apache license and squeak

stephane ducasse-2
http://laptop.media.mit.edu/laptopnews.nsf/latest/news

2. Alan Kay reports that Steve Jobs has agreed to relicense Squeak
under the Apache License so we can include it with the base software
in the laptop.

how does it interact with APSL 20.
for which version of squeak?

Re: more info please about apache license and squeak

Bert Freudenberg
Am 03.10.2006 um 14:36 schrieb stephane ducasse:

> http://laptop.media.mit.edu/laptopnews.nsf/latest/news
>
> 2. Alan Kay reports that Steve Jobs has agreed to relicense Squeak
> under the Apache License so we can include it with the base
> software in the laptop.
>
> how does it interact with APSL 20.

I guess this makes Squeak triple-licensed: choose the license (SqL,
APSL, Apache) that suits you best.

> for which version of squeak?

Same as the APSL 2.0 version I expect - it's in the lawyers hands now.

The Board knows about this for a few days, but there isn't anything
in writing, yet, so there has not been an official announcement.
We're still going to ask contributors to relicense their code, but I
guess most will be happy to do that given that the Apache license is
considered "free" by both FSF and Debian.

- Bert -

Re: more info please about apache license and squeak

stephane ducasse-2
>> http://laptop.media.mit.edu/laptopnews.nsf/latest/news
>>
>> 2. Alan Kay reports that Steve Jobs has agreed to relicense Squeak
>> under the Apache License so we can include it with the base
>> software in the laptop.
>>
>> how does it interact with APSL 20.
>
> I guess this makes Squeak triple-licensed: choose the license (SqL,
> APSL, Apache) that suits you best.
>
>> for which version of squeak?
>
> Same as the APSL 2.0 version I expect - it's in the lawyers hands now.
>
> The Board knows about this for a few days, but there isn't anything
> in writing, yet, so there has not been an official announcement.
> We're still going to ask contributors to relicense their code, but
> I guess most will be happy to do that given that the Apache license
> is considered "free" by both FSF and Debian.

Ok sounds good!