new Cog VMs available

Eliot Miranda-2
...at http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2677/.

CogVM binaries as per VMMaker.oscog-eem.261/r2677.

Move determination of the ammount of headroom to the platform in
osCogStackPageHeadroom (in the various sqFooMain.c files). Hence
2k stack pages on Mac and Win32 with 4k pages on linux.

Provide a routine to monitor the ammount of unused headroom, which
requires the stack memory be zeroed before use.  Assume the platform
will provide a -reportheadroom flag for enabling the report.  Provide
primitiveMinimumUnusedHeadroom for in-image access.
--
best,
Eliot

Re: [Vm-dev] new Cog VMs available

Frank Shearar-3

And now in use at http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/

frank

Re: [Vm-dev] new Cog VMs available

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Frank,

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 31 January 2013 20:53, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ...at http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2677/.
>
> CogVM binaries as per VMMaker.oscog-eem.261/r2677.

And now in use at http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/

great!  Would you mid doing two things for me to the build script?

a) immediately before running the VM (after it prints Running tests on VM long-path-deleted...) could you run the VM with -version (and no image) to get it to print its full version info to stdout?

b) where the script runs the VM to do the build add the -reportheadroom switch so I can monitor stack page interrupt headroom?

These changes would be most appreciated.

frank

On 31 January 2013 21:15, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 31 January 2013 20:53, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > ...at http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2677/.
>> >
>> > CogVM binaries as per VMMaker.oscog-eem.261/r2677.
>>
>> And now in use at http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/
>

> great!  Would you mid doing two things for me to the build script?
>
> a) immediately before running the VM (after it prints Running tests on VM
> long-path-deleted...) could you run the VM with -version (and no image) to
> get it to print its full version info to stdout?
>
> b) where the script runs the VM to do the build add the -reportheadroom
> switch so I can monitor stack page interrupt headroom?
>
> These changes would be most appreciated.

Done. Assuming I didn't bork the script, we should see something here
- http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/143/console - in a few
minutes.

frank

On 31 January 2013 21:48, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 31 January 2013 21:15, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Frank,
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>>> And now in use at http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/
>>

>> great!  Would you mid doing two things for me to the build script?
>>
>> a) immediately before running the VM (after it prints Running tests on VM
>> long-path-deleted...) could you run the VM with -version (and no image) to
>> get it to print its full version info to stdout?
>>
>> b) where the script runs the VM to do the build add the -reportheadroom
>> switch so I can monitor stack page interrupt headroom?
>>
>> These changes would be most appreciated.
>
> Done. Assuming I didn't bork the script, we should see something here
> - http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/143/console - in a few
> minutes.

Hm, that's odd. Never mind the cmake errors, I don't see any output
from -version on CI. I do see it dumping stuff to stdout locally
though. -reportheadroom's producing output though.

On 31 January 2013 21:53, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 31 January 2013 21:48, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 31 January 2013 21:15, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Frank,

>>> great!  Would you mid doing two things for me to the build script?
>>>
>>> a) immediately before running the VM (after it prints Running tests on VM
>>> long-path-deleted...) could you run the VM with -version (and no image) to
>>> get it to print its full version info to stdout?
>>>
>>> b) where the script runs the VM to do the build add the -reportheadroom
>>> switch so I can monitor stack page interrupt headroom?
>>>
>>> These changes would be most appreciated.
>>
>> Done. Assuming I didn't bork the script, we should see something here
>> - http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/143/console - in a few
>> minutes.
>
> Hm, that's odd. Never mind the cmake errors, I don't see any output
> from -version on CI. I do see it dumping stuff to stdout locally
> though. -reportheadroom's producing output though.

Turns out "echo squeak -version" doesn't do the same thing as "squeak
-version"! Now we'll see the actual version info:
http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/145/console