new .sources file?

Chris Muller-3
Does anyone care enough about this for 4.5 or do we want to stay with
SqueakV41.sources?

Re: new .sources file?

Frank Shearar-3
On 15 January 2014 21:36, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does anyone care enough about this for 4.5 or do we want to stay with
> SqueakV41.sources?

At _some_ point I'd like us to release a new sources with each
release. But it's something ideally done early in a release cycle. Can
we commit to doing it for 4.6?

So: I vote for rolling out 4.5 with SqueakV41.sources.

frank

Re: new .sources file?

Eliot Miranda-2

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 2:23 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 15 January 2014 21:36, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does anyone care enough about this for 4.5 or do we want to stay with
> SqueakV41.sources?

At _some_ point I'd like us to release a new sources with each
release. But it's something ideally done early in a release cycle. Can
we commit to doing it for 4.6?

So: I vote for rolling out 4.5 with SqueakV41.sources.

+1.  I'd also like us to either use or replicate my history pruning condense changes code that can be the basis of writing out the sources file containing full history.  I'd also like 4.6 to use Spur and hence be called 5.0 ;-)

frank

--
best,
Eliot