newbie gets location scanning for others

1 message Options

newbie gets location scanning for others

Paul Sheldon-2
I tried my own take on what Howard Sterns answered.

He might want to sand and polish my take, that's OK.
It's just a different perspective wording that might break the ice
and wet the feet.

Hans N Beck writes :
"- would I see other avatars if there are other people in the same
space ? Until now, I was always alone ..... can I scan for other
users and their position ?"

Yes. If they were nice and gave themselves another avatar,
otherwise you'd see the default rabbit.

Hans N Beck writes :
"- navigation: how do I determine my position in the net of croquet
spaces ? "

Certain of the worlds on the palette have a main menu bar containing
connect to another world
whats my location

both these menu items bring up a dialogue with the very seminal :
postcard as xml
box

You won't know the entire network space.
You get a postcard as xml address from someone who checks
the "whats my location" menu item (by e mail or chat each time,
unless they have a permanent ip address)