(no subject)

frankl1_miky
Hi !

I'm new on pharo and I realy like its vision. To learn more about the system I decide to write a package that handle Webcam. The package should be able to :

- start webcam
- take photo
- record a video.

The wonderfull thing is that I don't know where to start, Every advice is welcome.

Thanks!
.

Re: (no subject)

Ben Coman
On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 8:52 PM, Franklin Mike
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I'm new on pharo and I realy like its vision. To learn more about the system
> I decide to write a package that handle Webcam. The package should be able
> to :
>
> - start webcam
> - take photo
> - record a video.
>
> The wonderfull thing is that I don't know where to start, Every advice is
> welcome.

I guess you will need to interface to some library, so for Pharo 5
have a play with its new UFFI interface.
A quick google around shows opencv to be a common base for FFI...
http://opencvlover.blogspot.com.au/2011/07/accesing-camera-using-opencv.html

but I also found this...
http://itseez.com/tags/openvx/
Note that NativeBoost was an FFI implementation for Pharo 4.

cheers -ben

Re: (no subject)

philippeback
There is a camera plugin in the source tree of the VM.

pharo-vm/platforms/win32/plugins/CameraPlugin

You can copy the dll in the Pharo directory and load the dll with:

NativeBoost forCurrentPlatform loadModule: 'CameraPlugin.dll'

Anyone having the FFI calls?

Maybe Phratch has it built in.

Phil

Re: (no subject)

stepharo
Welcome

I hope that you will have fun.

you have ways:

     - use /extend/write a VM pluggin (check the old one)

     - use FFI there is a chapter in PharoInProgress on github on how to
use the new FFI with Pharo 50.

     - ask for help.

Stef

Le 10/5/16 à 14:52, Franklin Mike a écrit :

> Hi !
>
> I'm new on pharo and I realy like its vision. To learn more about the
> system I decide to write a package that handle Webcam. The package
> should be able to :
>
> - start webcam
> - take photo
> - record a video.
>
> The wonderfull thing is that I don't know where to start, Every advice
> is welcome.
>
> Thanks!
> .

Re: (no subject)

frankl1_miky
Thanks for all your answers, It's true that pharo community is active.

I'll give you feedback about my progress.

I'm having fun with Pharo Mooc at this period.

Thanks for your help!

Re: (no subject)

stepharo

Le 29/5/16 à 12:04, frankl1_miky a écrit :
> Thanks for all your answers, It's true that pharo community is active.
>
> I'll give you feedback about my progress.
>
> I'm having fun with Pharo Mooc at this period.

I'm happy to see that all the energy I put in the mooc is useful :)