(no subject)

Stéphane Ducasse-3
> http://tryruby.hobix.com/

does anybody want to do the same for Squeak ?

Re: (no subject)

Blake-5

>> http://tryruby.hobix.com/
>
> does anybody want to do the same for Squeak ?

Ooh. I probably can't even think about it for a month or two, but...yeah!

===Blake===

Re: (no subject)

Edgar J. De Cleene
Stéphane Ducasse puso en su mail :

>> http://tryruby.hobix.com/
>
> does anybody want to do the same for Squeak ?
>
> Stef
What it's the dead line ?
Students leaded by me could qualify ?
Ok if I use some of your material in previous World of Squeak ?

Edgar

Horóscopos, Salud y belleza, Chistes, Consejos de amor:
el contenido más divertido para tu celular está en Yahoo! Móvil.
Obtenelo en http://movil.yahoo.com.ar

Re: (no subject)

news.gmane.org-2
Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>> http://tryruby.hobix.com/
>
> does anybody want to do the same for Squeak ?
>
> Stef

if you get an error, where is the walk back window?

Re: (no subject)

stéphane ducasse-2
There is no deadline just fun.

> Ok if I use some of your material in previous World of Squeak ?

Sure everything I do is creative common license (just mentioned based
on s. ducasse material)

Stef

> Edgar

> Horóscopos, Salud y belleza, Chistes, Consejos de amor:
> el contenido más divertido para tu celular está en Yahoo! Móvil.
> Obtenelo en http://movil.yahoo.com.ar

Re: (no subject)

stéphane ducasse-2
in Pier or Smallwiki lukas uses the debugger to step over smalltalk
snippet to ensure that we cannot
write crazy expressions. So this would be nice to use that facility
and to produce a site that people can try and propose them some
exercises.

Re: (no subject)

Hans-Martin Mosner
stéphane ducasse wrote:

> in Pier or Smallwiki lukas uses the debugger to step over smalltalk
> snippet to ensure that we cannot
> write crazy expressions. So this would be nice to use that facility
> and to produce a site that people can try and propose them some
> exercises.

A good approach might be zo parse expressions using the
RefactoringBrowser and run some kind of interpreter on these.
You'd have an even safer environment, and could provide very nice
rendering of the current state and call stack.
I've built such an interpreter to execute rules in a VA runtime image,
and it works pretty well.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin

Re: (no subject)

stéphane ducasse-2
Michel tilman did that too in Zork but lukas solution worked in 2
hours. :)