[on] Looking for simple test coverage tool

[on] Looking for simple test coverage tool

onierstrasz

Hi.

I just want to find out for a package which methods are being
exercised by the test cases and which aren't.

I seems like most of the infrastructure is already around (eg in
TimeProfileBrowser) but I do not see where to start with coverage.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

(Of course I am looking at Christo again, but it seems rather
heavyweight for my needs.)

- on

Re: [on] Looking for simple test coverage tool

Markus Gälli-3
Hi Oscar

you might want to have a look at
http://www.squeaksource.com/@NBEe8yACPwMd9DvP/jwuFbWFl

Cheers

Markus

Am 30.03.2009 um 11:09 schrieb Oscar Nierstrasz:

> Hi.
>
> I just want to find out for a package which methods are being
> exercised by the test cases and which aren't.
>
> I seems like most of the infrastructure is already around (eg in
> TimeProfileBrowser) but I do not see where to start with coverage.
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> (Of course I am looking at Christo again, but it seems rather
> heavyweight for my needs.)
>
> - on

Re: [on] Looking for simple test coverage tool

onierstrasz

Thanks!  I will check it out.

I guess this is the URL you mean:

http://www.squeaksource.com/ObjectsAsMethodsWrap.html

(luckily the ticket was still valid.)

- on

On Mar 30, 2009, at 11:57, Markus Gaelli wrote:

> Hi Oscar
>
> you might want to have a look at
> http://www.squeaksource.com/@NBEe8yACPwMd9DvP/jwuFbWFl
>
> Cheers
>
> Markus
>

> Am 30.03.2009 um 11:09 schrieb Oscar Nierstrasz:
>

>> Hi.
>>
>> I just want to find out for a package which methods are being
>> exercised by the test cases and which aren't.
>>
>> I seems like most of the infrastructure is already around (eg in
>> TimeProfileBrowser) but I do not see where to start with coverage.
>> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>> (Of course I am looking at Christo again, but it seems rather
>> heavyweight for my needs.)
>>
>> - on

Re: [on] Looking for simple test coverage tool

onierstrasz

Cool.

So, this works, after loading the ObjectAsMethodWrapper project:

        | w tr |
        category := 'SCGPier'.
        w := (ObjectAsOneTimeMethodWrapper installOnClassCategory: category).

        tr := TestRunner new.
        ToolBuilder open: tr.
        tr
                categoryAt: (tr categoryList indexOf: category) put: true;
                selectAllClasses;
                runAll.

        ((w select: [:each | each executed not ])
                collect: [:each | each wrappedClass name, '>>', each selector
name ]) explore.

        w do: [:each| each uninstall ].

It opens an explorer on all the names of the not executed methods of
the selected category.