on-line seaside tutorial or book

ina tube

Has anyone purchased the Introduction to Seaside book available at Lulu?

http://www.lulu.com/content/2234565

I've already gone through most of the on-line tutorial at

http://www.swa.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/seaside/tutorial/

so I was wondering what additional material the book offered.

I would be willing to purchase the book, if it offered substantially more than what the on-line tutorial covers, but on my student budget ...

Paul

Re: on-line seaside tutorial or book

David Mitchell-10
I purchased it, but I understand it is largely the same (and the
online version will be updated to match). Still, I like having the
bound copy.

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 3:36 PM, ina tube <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Has anyone purchased the Introduction to Seaside book available at Lulu?
>
>  http://www.lulu.com/content/2234565
>
>  I've already gone through most of the on-line tutorial at
>
>  http://www.swa.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/seaside/tutorial/
>
>  so I was wondering what additional material the book offered.
>
>  I would be willing to purchase the book, if it offered substantially more than what the on-line tutorial covers, but on my student budget ...
>
>  Paul

Re: on-line seaside tutorial or book

Michael Haupt-3
Hi,

indeed the online tutorial and book are in sync most of the time. New
material is added to the book, and the LaTeX sources are magically
converted to Seaside code, which in turn forms the online version. :-)

Best,

Michael

Re: on-line seaside tutorial or book

Claus Kick
Michael Haupt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> indeed the online tutorial and book are in sync most of the time. New
> material is added to the book, and the LaTeX sources are magically
> converted to Seaside code, which in turn forms the online version. :-)

Now that is a nice solution - might be worth trying to build a product
out of it!

Re: on-line seaside tutorial or book

David Zmick
Yay! the seaside book, I want to buy it, don't have any money though....

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 9:48 AM, Claus Kick <[hidden email]> wrote:
Michael Haupt wrote:

Hi,

indeed the online tutorial and book are in sync most of the time. New
material is added to the book, and the LaTeX sources are magically
converted to Seaside code, which in turn forms the online version. :-)

Now that is a nice solution - might be worth trying to build a product out of it!

David Zmick
/dz0004455\
http://dz0004455.googlepages.com
http://dz0004455.blogspot.com