openCroquet Browser - Plugin

Mario-65
Hi

is it possible to run openCroquet from a link at Internet-Explorer, or Mozilla?
Maybe somethink like a plugin?
Or are there other ways to run the 3D world from a browser?

Thanks!
Kind regards

Re: openCroquet Browser - Plugin

Bert Freudenberg

On 30.05.2008, at 20:32, Mario wrote:

> Hi
>
> is it possible to run openCroquet from a link at Internet-Explorer,
> or Mozilla?
> Maybe somethink like a plugin?
> Or are there other ways to run the 3D world from a browser?

In theory, the Squeak browser plugin should work with a Croquet image,
too.

In practice, I am not aware of anybody trying that, yet.

- Bert -

Re: openCroquet Browser - Plugin

Andreas.Raab
We have used it in demos (windows only though). There may be issues with
Mac OpenGL support in a browser window.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 30.05.2008, at 20:32, Mario wrote:
>> is it possible to run openCroquet from a link at Internet-Explorer, or
>> Mozilla?
>> Maybe somethink like a plugin?
>> Or are there other ways to run the 3D world from a browser?
>

> In theory, the Squeak browser plugin should work with a Croquet image, too.
>
> In practice, I am not aware of anybody trying that, yet.
>
> - Bert -

Re: openCroquet Browser - Plugin

Mario-65
Hello,

thank you all for the answers.
Some questions still remain.
I hope I don't post this message twice, because something get wrong last time.

How can I export an openCroquet World (e.g. MPEG Demo Master) to be used by the
Squeak browser plugin?
I try to make a 'morphic project' and put the MPEG Demo Master on it.
Saving didn't works.
I hope someone can give me tipps how to use Squeak-Browser-Plugin with
openCroquet to export worlds.

How can I provide a openCroquet World to be displayed after starting
croquet.bat?
(I safe the open world in my image file and after relaunch i get error messages
e.g. 'unable to find function adress')

In another test I made a button and execute code to launch MPEG Demo. This
works. Is that the only way?

Re: openCroquet Browser - Plugin

sathyas
1.Select the “MySimpleDemoMaster” class. In the code area of the browser, select the text “SimpleDemoMorph.” 2.Replace the text “SimpleDemoMorph” with “MyCroquetWorld.” Alt-click and select “accept” from the menu. 3.The “MySimpleDemoMaster” class is moved to the “MyCroquetWorld” package and stored in the “Harness” class category. 4.Left-click on the Squeak project and select “save” from the menu. 5.Select “MySimpleDemoWorld” from the “Worlds” class category of the “MyCroquetWorld” package Select the “class” button at the bottom of the classes pane. 6.Select the “class” button at the bottom of the classes pane. 7.Select “islandID” in the methods pane of the package browser. 8.In the code pane of the package browser, select the text “new”. 9.Replace the text “new” with “for: 'MySimpleDemoWorld' ". 10.Alt-click in the code area of the package pane browser and select “accept” from the menu. 11.Select “MySimpleDemoMaster” from the “Harness” class category of the “MyCroquetWorld” package. 12.Select the “class” button at the bottom of the classes pane. 13.Select “descriptionForPartsBin” in the methods pane of the package browser. 14.In the code area of the package browser, select the text “SimpleDemo (Master)” 15.Replace the text “SimpleDemo (Master)” with “My Croquet World (Master)”. 16.Alt-click within the code pane and select “accept” from the menu. 17.Open an objects browser by left-clicking on an empty area of the Squeak project and selecting “objects”from the menu. 18.Select “Croquet” from the objects browser. You should see your Croquet world listed among the other Croquet worlds. 19.Left-click on the Squeak project and select “save” from the menu. 20.Click and drag the “My Croquet World (Master)” object from the object browser onto the Squeak project ..........................